Piano Teacher Resume Example + Salaries, Writing tips and Information
- 30% higher chance of getting a job
- 42% higher response rate from recruiters
Becoming a piano teacher can be a rewarding career, but first you need a resume to help foreground your musical gifts, experience, and knowledge. Your resume represents you and your brand. Because it is the first impression most hiring managers will have of you, your resume needs to shine. To get the piano teacher job you want, your resume needs to make a big impact, and we can help you market yourself effectively.
Because piano teachers work with students of all ages, employers will definitely want to know that you are personable, sensitive, and student-focused. While working on your piano teacher resume, remember to note any certifications or accreditations you have earned in music or any musical competitions you have won. Many employers will want someone who has experience performing music or producing music. Note whether you have received classical training in a well-known music conservatory. Put this information in a prominent place in your resume, so that employers can see that you have the qualities that make an effective piano teacher.
Take a look at our piano teacher resume template for inspiration as you write your own resume.
123 Fake Street
City, State, Zip Code Cell: 000-000-0000
Versatile Piano Teacher who can successfully teach several piano playing genres. Adept at teaching students to read music, arranging for students to enter competitions and lending emotional support to students who get stage fright. Specializes in younger students and new piano students.
- Has trained two touring classical pianists
- Winner of three competitions prior to teaching
- Enjoys creating custom learning plans for each student
- Can teach everything from blues piano to classical concert piano
- Has as much fun as possible when teaching students
- Able to develop a large roster of return students
August 2010 to February 2015
Weston Music – City, State
- Maintained a list of extremely diverse students in age and style.
- Worked with several students to enter regional competitions and had two students win.
- Often wrote songs with students that some students would later record.
September 2006 to August 2010
Elmwood Music – City, State
- Developed a class for extremely young students that wound up being a significant success.
- Accompanied students to homes for the elderly and hospitals to entertain patients.
- Created a large network of repeat students that generated considerable revenue.
June 1999 to September 2006
Company Name – City, State
- Started a separate class designed to help students read music, which sped up the actually piano classes.
- Assisted three students in entering national competitions with one student placing in the top three.
- Held regular recitals for younger students that would be attended by parents and relatives.
1999 University of the West Coast,
City, State Bachelor of Arts, Music