Build Your CV
6578 La Brea Avenue , Los Angeles, CA 11111
E: firstname.lastname@example.org T: 555-756-7567
Experienced film director with over 10 years of experience directing short films, many of which have gone on to earn accolades at various film festivals. Keen eye for detail and willing to put in extra hours of work to ensure a movie gets the attention it deserves. Excel at professional camera movement, frame composition, and sound design. Additional expertise in lighting, set design, and script work.
- Oversee post production processes of the network’s one-hour-long primetime shows.
- Compile program notes and scripts of over 10 different shows.
- Review films daily to see how each one is progressing and what needs to be done in the weeks going forward.
- Work with upper management to develop budgets for each set of programming.
- Contact California’s film commission program regularly to see what tax credits are available to the network.
- Organized raw footage and had it readily accessible to the film’s producers and director.
- Held meetings with directors to inform them of what shots still needed to be acquired and how the project was progressing.
- Developed soundtracks for the film by reaching out to musicians and composers.
- Edited 4 feature-length films and 12 short films, including the feature film Selfish Desires, which premiered at Sundance.
- Inserted film reels into the proper mechanisms to ensure film played as needed.
- Monitored equipment over the course of the film to ensure sound and video was always excellent.
- Inspected movie reels upon receipt to ensure reels were in good quality.
- Spliced different film reels together to fix a damaged reel or to create something entirely unique.
- Performed routine maintenance on xenon bulbs and electrical outlets.
While films are my life, I also enjoy curling up with a great book on the weekends. I can frequently be found at the North Hollywood library, diving into the latest John Grisham novel or perusing through books about the art of filmmaking.
Build Your CV
Film Director CV Must-Haves
What Does a Film Director Do?
Directors are responsible for coordinating the activities of everyone on a film set to ensure the production goes as smoothly as possible. Some of the specific tasks directors may do frequently include conducting rehearsals, consulting with other artists on the direction of the project, collaborating with producers to ensure the film does not go over budget, and holding auditions to cast roles. Every detail of the production needs to be overseen, so directors will often consult with writers, various crew members, actors, and other film professionals to get advice on how to proceed. Additionally, directors may need to play an active role in promoting the film once it is released. You can get a much better idea of what directors do on a regular basis and what you may include by reading the film director CV example.
Tips for Creating a Great Film Director CV
There is a variety of ways you can make your film director CV stand out from the rest:
– Make sure your contact information is up to date and professional sounding. You do not want an email address that sounds ridiculous.
– Your Professional Summary should include a mix of soft skills, hard skills, and real-world experiences to engage the reader.
– Your Work Experience section needs to have quantifiable information so that you are not simply listing responsibilities.
– If you want, you can include internships you had in college within the Education section.
– Be mindful that you read over your CV before submitting it to ensure there are no grammatical errors.