When looking for a new career, finding the right job starts by getting your foot in the door. Catching the attention of recruiters and hiring managers requires a strong first impression, usually in the form of a CV. Your CV serves as your professional introduction to employers, providing them with a picture of your qualifications and experience before your interview. With help from this PHP web developer CV example, learn what to include and how to format your own tailored CV for a career in the tech field.
Build My CV
643 Grantham Lane, Toledo, OH 11111
E: geena.meadows@email T: 555-254-0830
Professional web developer, certified in PHP coding, seeking a senior position on a B2B software development team. Six years’ experience in website construction, database management, coding, and software testing, and oversaw a website relaunch. Since relaunch, daily site traffic has improved by 35 percent. Successfully managed a team of web editors and coders, and thrive in leadership positions. Proficient in most coding languages across multiple platforms and operating systems. Meticulous, task-oriented, and a team player.
- -Team-oriented and communicative necessary to work with 10 web developers to implement new company website -Critical thinker to find creative solutions to complicated and subtle software and coding issues -Extensive database management experience to improve and streamline data storage and establish new security protocol -Systems analysis to identify common trends and issues through software tests and debugging -Time management required to meet strict deadlines for website relaunch, including a beta testing period and troubleshooting
- Coordinate website relaunch, communicating between management and web development team to design, build, and test company website.
- Debug server errors, filing user feedback reports and improving site functionality.
- Collaborate with web design and IT to create user-friendly interaction and functionality.
- Implement backup recovery plan and security protocol to prevent information loss and breaches, and build website archive.
- Increase site traffic by 35 percent since relaunch in 2015.
- Tested coding software script, monitoring for bugs and performance issues.
- Organized and scheduled system-wide tests to address larger functionality inefficiencies.
- Debriefed development team on potential software errors, and provided user performance reviews.
- Conducted compatibility tests, testing software across a multitude of platforms to ensure universal compatibility.
- Maintained and logged error database, filing user and computer-generated feedback reports and problem alerts.
- Oversaw maintenance of digital information storage and database performance, securing against data loss.
- Coded and debugged company database, which includes financial, employee, customer, and other information.
- Coordinated with IT team to integrate data platform with intra-office information network.
- Assisted with DevOps team to explore the potential of new database development and the limitations of the project.
In my free time, I enjoy getting away from the screen by playing softball. I play in an amateur league comprised of fellow web developers and software engineers. Each weekend, we organize games between competing companies. Once per year, we put together a charity fundraiser “World Series” event, which has raised over $70,000 in the last five years.
Build My CV
PHP Web Developer CV Must-Haves
What Does a PHP Web Developer Do?
Before taking the next step toward finding your new career, it’s important to understand the role of a PHP web developer. Commonly, PHP web developers design and modify websites, ensuring that they are functioning as intended across multiple operating systems. They are expected to evaluate performance as well as find solutions to bugs and compatibility issues. They may also be asked to assist with content development, including multimedia content, such as audio, video, images, and more. When putting together your CV, you should demonstrate that you understand the details of the position for which you’re applying. For more help, review the PHP web developer CV example to see how the job requirements are incorporated.
Tips for Creating a Great PHP Web Developer CV
Along with the CV example above, here is some further advice to help you create an impressive CV:
-Your Professional Summary should reflect both your professional aspirations and achievements as a web developer as well as your personality. Use this space to let some of your personality shine through without seeming too informal.
-Do not include any extraneous information, such as political or religious beliefs. These are often inappropriate for professional settings.
-Be specific in your work experience. Include metrics and other quantifiable evaluative measures of your success to help employers make a fair assessment of your experience.
-You do not need to share your GPA unless you’re a recent graduate with limited work experience in the web development field.
-Be concise. Ultimately, your CV should be thorough but brief. You can use sentence fragments and bullet points to highlight the important details while keeping your word count low.