Build Your CV
423 Birch Lane, Seattle, WA 11111
E: vamundsen@anymail P: 555-726-8811
SQL development professional with strong verbal and written communication skills and solid analytical skills for writing relational database solutions for businesses. A self-starter who is able to work independently or lead a team to a collaborative solution, I am a fully certified SQL developer with C# and ETL extract experience.
- Modify C ++ code by using C#.
- Work with business analyst groups to ascertain their database reporting needs.
- Take the database reporting needs and turn them into powerful SQL queries that will extract data and compile it into meaningful reports.
- Perform data loads and routine updates on an ongoing basis.
- Develop database application forms using MS Access in coordination with SQL tables and stored procedures.
- Manage multiple projects at one time.
- Determined the software specifications of customers by actively listening to what their system needs were.
- Wrote SQL queries in MSSQL Server 2005.
- Utilized Visual Studio 2012 in order to develop dynamic reports.
- Developed MS Access applications using Access for the front end and SQL in the back end.
- Served as the initial contact person for all SQL support queries.
- Performed updates to the SQL system as assigned by management.
- Collaborated with business support professionals to provide full system maintenance.
- Improved the experience of software users by soliciting feedback and making software improvements.
- Supported code activations and updated business tool applications per company requirements.
- Delivered database deployment through the whole system lifecycle.
When not writing code, I am involved in a local beekeeping collective. In addition to maintaining my own hives and harvesting honey, I advise beginning beekeepers on best practices and help them to troubleshoot bee hive issues.
Build Your CV
SQL Developer CV Must-Haves
What Does a SQL Developer Do?
As the standard operating language for the management of relational databases, SQL expertise is in demand for a broad array of industries. A SQL developer uses this structured query language to write software to communicate with databases. In addition to writing software, a SQL developer optimizes and debugs existing software code to maintain or update it. This type of developer can also be involved in the testing of completed code before it goes live in a computer system. Developers of this type may also participate in designing the architecture of the system and provide direction regarding software design and implementation. Collaboration with teams and responsibility for project timelines involve more experienced SQL developers. The successful applicant to a SQL developer position has to have well-rounded experience in communication, reasoning, and technical applications. This SQL developer CV example will show how you can present a complete picture of your attributes.
Tips for Creating a Great SQL Developer CV
To create an enviable SQL developer CV, you need to not only promote the technical knowledge that you possess but also how you leverage your skills in a dynamic and demanding workplace. Here are some other tips to craft your best CV ever:
– Many skilled information technology professionals have multiple certifications to their credit. For clarity’s sake, only list certifications that are germane to the position you are applying for.
– Make sure to always check your CV’s grammar and spelling, and re-read your CV multiple times to ensure that the document is easy to read and professional.
– Show how you take ownership of a project by listing examples in your work experience that display your sense of responsibility.
– Make sure that your contact information on your CV is updated and correct. If you are applying for a position that is with the same company that you are currently working for, feel free to use your work contact information.