To catch the eye of potential hiring managers and recruiters and make it to the next stage in the hiring process, it is essential to have a standout CV that details your experience, accomplishments, and skills. This writing guide provides tips on how to create a strong CV like the technical assistant CV example below so that you become a competitive candidate. We offer tips on how to structure your CV, as well as what information to include in each of the sections, including the Skills, Education, Work Experience, and Professional Summary components.
Build My CV
2389 Lookout Lane, Las Vegas, Nevada 11111
E: email@example.com P: 555-555-9340
Veteran technical assistant with over 25 years’ experience in the industry. Extensive knowledge and education in a variety of hardware and software solutions. Excellent communication, analytic, and problem-solving skills with proven results in assisting users with computer hardware and software programs. Exceptional ability to troubleshoot issues and train users on technical equipment.
- -Extensive knowledge and training in a range of computer programs for MAC and PC systems, including the most common PLR and CRM systems. -Excellent problem solving and analytic skills to assist in determining the underlying issue resulting in non-functioning hardware or software. -Strong interpersonal and instruction skills that improve my ability to train others in computer systems. -First-rate communication and listening skills to aid in understanding people’s difficulties and problems and explaining the best solutions. -Strategic planning skills to help determine the best networking and programming solutions for the needs of the company.
- Perform routine maintenance on computers and other equipment, including running virus scans, cleaning up the memory, and upgrading software and hardware as needed.
- Train new users and provide on-going support to staff members in the computer software and hardware functionalities.
- Provide assistance in fixing problems related to computers and other equipment to reduce disrupted productivity.
- Coordinate with database administrator and the IT department to ensure the smooth running of all software programs.
- Oversaw installation of new software and hardware, including moving the data onto a dedicated on-site server.
- Researched software and hardware options to determine the best solution for the company, one that led to a 20 percent increase in productivity due to an improved network.
- Managed equipment, hardware, and software contracts and coordinated with the companies to ensure all payments, maintenance, and repairs were handled accordingly.
- Developed a computer training seminar for new employees that improved knowledge and proficiency of essential hardware and software components.
- Provided assistance in fixing hardware and software problems, ranging from minor issues to complete network breakdowns.
- Managed equipment and performed regular maintenance, including ensuring the network remained safe from viruses, malware, and other potential threats.
I provide free computer training to children and seniors at the local community center. I also enjoy running and hiking, and I have competed in several ultra-marathons. I am also very active in the local VFW chapter.
Build My CV
Technical Assistant CV Must-Haves
What Does a Technical Assistant Do?
A technical assistant provides administrative assistance primarily based on computer and other technical equipment. You might work in a variety of industries, including healthcare, engineering, and education. As part of the job, you will manage the data, including working with a database or spreadsheets, as well as prepare and run reports. You might also coordinate with the IT department and recommend various software and hardware upgrades and repairs. It is common to be the go-to person for any technical troubleshooting for equipment, and you will manage the routine maintenance on devices. As such, it is important to include information about your technical expertise in your CV. Reading the technical assistant CV example will help you come up with ideas of what to include.
Tips for Creating a Great Technical Assistant CV
As your write, take these tips into consideration:
-Sell yourself in the professional summary section. This is the place to share your most marketable skills, such as your technical proficiency and problem-solving skills, so that you catch the attention of the hiring manager.
-Do not include any incorrect information, even if you are trying to hide gaps in your work history. You also do not need to explain why you left or why there are gaps; that information is best suited for an interview discussion.
-Highlight any additional training, certification, or other coursework you have done to improve your ability to assist clients or coworkers with their technical needs.
-Ask a friend to read your CV to catch any mistakes, typos, or errors that might be included. It is important to have an error-free document, as it is a reflection of your capabilities as an employee.
-Discuss your accomplishments in your work experience rather than only your duties. It is best to include any metrics that demonstrate your professional excellence.