Best Fitness Nutrition Resume Examples
- 30% higher chance of getting a job
- 42% higher response rate from recruiters
Our customers have been hired at:*Foot Note
Fitness is one of the most important aspects of a healthy lifestyle. Physical fitness is the result of a complex interaction between activity levels and nutrition. For workers in the fitness nutrition industry, giving clients the tools to make healthy choices is the name of the game!
Fitness nutrition workers need the opportunity to work with clients in order to accomplish their goals and exercise their passions. This begins with learning how to write a resume that demonstrates your nutrition expertise. That’s why we’re here. We’ll help you build the perfect Fitness nutrition resume or CV and create an effective cover letter to accompany it. Plus, we offer some great resume examples, CV examples and cover letter examples to get you started.
Resume examples for top fitness nutrition jobs
Our customer reviews say it best
Fitness nutrition resume FAQ
What’s the ideal resume format for a fitness nutrition job resume?
There are three standard resume formats. The one you choose should depend on your level of work experience and career goals.
- Functional format: Entry-level applicants will benefit from this format. The layout focuses on skills, allowing you to showcase everything that you can do.
- Combination format: This format puts the skills and work experience on equal footing. It’s a great option if you have a few years of experience in fitness nutrition.
- Chronological format: Ideal for seasoned nutritionists and fitness professionals with many years of experience, this format showcases expertise through a detailed work history section.
What are some common skills required for fitness nutrition jobs?
What qualifications and certifications do employers look for in this industry?
Nutritionists are usually expected to have a bachelor’s degree. Some nutritionists may seek further education. Vocational training is also common and many states require nutritionists to obtain a state-issued license.
What is the salary potential for a professional in the fitness nutrition industry?
The average salary for a nutritionist in 2021 was $61,650. Other careers in the fitness and nutrition industries can expect different salaries. For example:
- Fitness trainers and instructors: $40,700 per year.
- Exercise physiologists: $47,940 per year.
- Dietetic technicians: $36,370 per year.
What does the career progression for a professional fitness nutrition look like?
Fitness careers are on the rise with the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) projecting a growth rate of 7% for nutritionists and dietitians during the period beginning with 2021 and ending in 2031. Over the course of this decade, 5,600 new opportunities are expected for these careers each year.
Exercise physiologist careers are also expected to grow, with 1,700 new opportunities per year for a growth rate of 9%.
Fitness trainers and instructors can look forward to an impressive growth rate of 19%.
How we reviewed this article
Since 2013, we have helped more than 15 million job seekers. We want to make your career journey accessible and manageable through our services and Career Center’s how-to guides and tips. In our commitment to bring you a transparent process, we present our Editorial Process.