Table of Contents
Featured resume example: yoga instructor
Name: ANGELA DUNBARY
Address: City, State, Zip Code
Skilled and certified yoga instructor with an ability to build effective relationships with students of all background and skill levels. Hardworking, dedicated and supportive with excellent communication and problem-solving abilities.
02/2018 to Current
Company Name, City, State
- Explained different yoga styles and poses to over 60 yoga students per day.
- Developed safe and effective yoga exercise programs for class members.
- Motivated clients to achieve their personal fitness goals through developing and modifying routines.
Recreation Program Coordinator,
04/2016 to 01/2018
Company Name, City, State
- Scheduled weekly events in recreation facilities and monitored facility conditions.
- Managed timesheets for recreation attendants, instructors and coaches to provide prompt payment.
- Collaborated with community agencies and city departments to provide youth program opportunities and community involvement programs.
07/2015 to 03/2016
Company Name, City, State
- Performed inventories on sports equipment and ordered more or made repairs.
- Calculated athlete, team and league statistics on rolling basis during games.
- Inspected sporting equipment for compliance with safety and event regulations.
- Form expertise
- Yoga poses
- Group instruction
- Program development
- Strong communication skills
- Safety techniques
- Demonstrating exercises
Associate of Arts:
Public Administration, 05/2015,City, State
Top 4 characteristics of a best-in-class yoga instructor resume
- Summary Gear your summary statement towards fulfilling the employer’s needs by highlighting valuable skills, achievements, and work history that fit those needs, in a few concise sentences. For example: “Certified yoga instructor with an ability to build effective relationships through mindful meditation. Proficient in vinyasa yoga and Kundalini kriyas.”
- Skills Emphasize hard skills such as knowledge of specific yoga styles and providing physical support to students, as well as key soft skills such as strong communication abilities and a positive demeanor.
- Work History Focus on your top responsibilities, and show how you’ve contributed to an organization’s success. Use numbers or data to give weight to your accomplishments. For example: “Taught yoga styles and poses to 60+ yoga students per day,” or “Led classes for yoga studio that has received an average 5-star rating on Yelp.”
- Education In addition to your academic credential (e.g., high school or college diploma), include your yoga and CPR certification details, as well as any related certification or training, such as “Completed 200-hour yoga teacher training program.” Include the name and location of the institutions you’ve received your training.
See Why My Perfect Resume is a 5-Star Resume Builder
Find the right template for your resume
Give your resume a presentation that reflects your expertise and personality, using these employer-ready templates in our resume builder.
This distinctive format uses double-layered lines to highlight the header, and clean dividing lines for each section.
This template provides a sleek look, thanks to judicious spacing and the use of color fonts for the header and section headings.
This layout underlines section headings for easy reference, while the elegant font for the header ensures your name gets noticed.
Yoga instructor resume FAQ
1.What are some skills you should consider for a yoga Instructor resume?
|Hard skills:||Soft skills:|
|Nutrition advisory||Excellent communication skills|
|Safety awareness||Critical thinking|
|Knowledge of fitness principles and practical applications||Leadership|
|Facility maintenance||Positive approach|
|Knowledge of specific yoga styles||Decision-making|
|Best practices implementation||Time management|
|Knowledge of fitness principles and practical applications|
|Knowledge of specific yoga styles|
|Best practices implementation|
|Excellent communication skills|
2. How should you format your resume?
For this role, most employers will look for candidates with the right training, certifications, and work experience, so consider using a combination resume format, which highlights your relevant skills and accomplishments. If you have a good amount of work experience and can show consistent growth in your yoga career, use the chronological resume format.
For more details about resume formatting, visit our resume format page.
3. What if I have no experience to pen down in my resume?
If you’re a first-time job seeker or lack experience as an instructor, use a functional resume format for your resume, which centers on the professional and personal skills you can bring to the job, along with your training and education. Use your summary statement to emphasize abilities and expertise you already have that you can apply to the position. Mention past activities and volunteer work that utilize skills that fit with yoga instruction.
4. What are some examples of training and certifications that fit this resume?
- Certificate in Yoga Science
- Certificate in Therapy Yoga
- 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training
- 200 Hour Prana Casa Algarve
5. How should you craft your resume if you’re looking to take the next step forward in your career?
Keep these points in mind in building your resume and escalating your career for senior positions:
- Become more knowledgeable and proficient in varied yoga techniques and poses.
- Give work examples that show your ability to lead classes and earn positive feedback from students.
- Look to earn advanced credentials, such as Experienced Registered Yoga Teacher (E-RYT) certification.