Best Military Resume Examples
- 30% higher chance of getting a job
- 42% higher response rate from recruiters
Our customers have been hired at:*Foot Note
Interested in helping protect the interests of your country? Why not explore a career in the United States military?
From logistics to health care to engineering, military careers are vast and varied. You can get started with your military journey by learning how to write a resume to secure the perfect military position. That’s why we’re here. We’ll help you build the perfect military resume or CV and create an effective cover letter to accompany it. Plus, we offer some great resume examples, CV examples and cover letter examples to get you started.
Resume examples for top military jobs
Our customer reviews say it best
Military resume FAQ
1. What’s the ideal resume format for a military job resume?
There are three standard resume formats. The one you choose should depend on your level of work experience and career goals.
- Functional format: Entry-level applicants will benefit from this format. The layout focuses on skills, allowing you to showcase everything that you can do.
- Combination format: This format puts the skills and work experience on equal footing. It’s a great option if you have a few years of experience in the military.
- Chronological format: Ideal for seasoned military members with many years of experience, this format showcases expertise through a detailed work history section.
2. What are some common skills required for military jobs?
- Attention to detail
- Work ethic
- Verbal communication
- Critical thinking
- Time management
3. What qualifications and certifications do employers look for in this industry?
Joining the military is typically accessible to anyone who meets the minimum requirements. To enlist, you must be a United States citizen of at least 17 years of age. Military enlistment often requires a high school diploma or equivalent. A physical exam is also necessary for health assessment purposes.
4. What is the salary potential for a professional in the military industry?
Military careers are so varied that there is no easy way of looking at a military salary. Typically, military careers follow military pay tables which are available via the website of the Department of Defense.
5. What does the career progression for a military professional look like?
Military careers are unique because they are not considered “at-will” employment. To climb the ranks in the military, you must make a commitment to the military branch that recruits you. The progression of a military career depends heavily upon the branch of the military as well as the role and function of the individual.
How we reviewed this article
Since 2013, we have helped more than 15 million job seekers. We want to make your career journey accessible and manageable through our services and Career Center’s how-to guides and tips. In our commitment to bring you a transparent process, we present our Editorial Process.