Event Coordinator Cover Letter Example + Tips
You may think that your resume is the most important part of the job application process, but the cover letter is a crucial element and should be written with care. This document is your opportunity to explain just how your experience transfers to the job. It also brings personality to your application. Tailoring your cover letter to the specific event coordinator position proves that you know what the job requires. Start by using this free event coordinator cover letter sample and accompany tips section.
Dear Mr. Solomon,
When I saw the open position at Wedding Planning Inc., I jumped at the chance to apply. I believe I am the perfect person to hire for the job.
I have a degree in event planning with a minor in business management. My coursework focused on contracts, business relationships, and the steps to organizing a successful event. For the last six years, I have worked as the day-of-event site manager for a convention center. I love what I do.
I am ready for the next challenge, and I’d love to take part in your current expansion. I’m well connected locally and nationally, and I believe my organizational and customer service skills make me a great fit for the role.
I know my education and experience have prepared me for the position at Wedding Planning, Inc. Thank you for taking the time to look at my application, and please call me to set up an interview or ask me any questions.
Check out our 5-star reviews
Industry Specific Skills to Include
This free event coordinator cover letter sample included job-specific traits, but here is a list of skills that managers typically look for in the planners they hire:
● Negotiation skills: When you’re an event coordinator, you have to negotiate contracts with customers, venues, and other service providers in order to get reasonable prices for your clients.
● Interpersonal skills: it’s important for an event coordinator to develop working relationships with all types of vendors and businesses.
● Punctuality: Event planning is all about schedules. Being on time is a crucial part of the job.
● Organization: Planners maintain supplier lists, calendars, receipts, and more. You must be good at multitasking.
● Composure: Even when you’re frustrated, you need to keep a level head in business meetings or while discussing arrangements with clients.
Cover Letter Examples by Industry
Taking the first step toward writing a cover letter can be scary, especially if you’re unsure about what to focus on for a particular line of work. Browse our collection of industry-specific cover letter samples and learn about what to zero in on your cover letter!