You may think that your resume is the most important part of the job application process, but the cover letter is a crucial element and should be written with care. This document is your opportunity to explain just how your experience transfers to the job. It also brings personality to your application. Tailoring your cover letter to the specific event coordinator position proves that you know what the job requires. Start by using this free event coordinator cover letter sample and accompany tips section.
What to Include in an Event Coordinator Cover Letter
When you’re writing a cover letter you should always start by greeting the hiring manager or company. As you saw in this free event coordinator cover letter sample, it’s always better to get as specific as possible. You should also express interest in the job and use the specific title. Include any relevant job experience, training, or skills you have, but keep your focus on the goals of the company. Always thank the hiring manager for his or her time and extend an invitation to contact you for an interview.
Industry Specific Skills to Include
This free event coordinator cover letter sample included job-specific traits, but here is a list of skills that managers typically look for in the planners they hire:
• Negotiation skills: When you’re an event coordinator, you have to negotiate contracts with customers, venues, and other service providers in order to get reasonable prices for your clients.
• Interpersonal skills: it’s important for an event coordinator to develop working relationships with all types of vendors and businesses.
• Punctuality: Event planning is all about schedules. Being on time is a crucial part of the job.
• Organization: Planners maintain supplier lists, calendars, receipts, and more. You must be good at multitasking.
• Composure: Even when you’re frustrated, you need to keep a level head in business meetings or while discussing arrangements with clients.