Event Specialist Cover Letter Example + Tips
1 Main Street
New Cityland, CA 91010
Cell: (555) 322-7337
Dear Ms. Yo,
As a highly skilled Event Specialist, I read your posting for a new Event Specialist with interest. My experience aligns well with the qualifications you are seeking at Daniels Motor Company, in particular my role as Event Specialist with JP Jenkins Furniture, and I am certain I would make a valuable addition to your organization.
With more than three years’ experience as a coordinating Event Specialist and an additional four years in hands-on sales experience, I am adept in vendor coordination, team supervision, and sales coaching. Moreover, while my on-the-job experience has afforded me a well-rounded skill set, including first-rate planning and project management skills, I excel at:
Coordinating both small and large events at diverse locations.
Overseeing planning and execution of events, as well as administration of paperwork.
Implementing successful marketing strategies via a variety of means.
Analyzing successes and constantly improving strategies for future events.
In addition to my experience and personal qualities, I have a solid educational foundation and a passion for marketing and sales performance. I am extremely enthusiastic about Daniels Motor Company’s focus on high quality, engaging events and would welcome the opportunity to contribute to your customer and revenue goals.
Please review my attached resume for additional details regarding my expertise and career achievements. I will follow up to request an appointment to discuss how my experience and background meets your needs.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Event Specialist Job Description
Event specialists plan, organize, and oversee weddings, funerals, graduations, conferences, business meetings, retreats, concerts, and banquets. Their responsibilities include:
- Discussing the event with their clients
- Booking venues
- Researching vendors
- Negotiating prices
- Managing budgets
- Solving problems
Cover Letter Recommendations
Your event specialist cover letter needs to convince employers that you are the person they should leave in charge of their important events. Most employers expect you to have a bachelor’s degree and several years of relevant experience. The best degree to prepare for this career is hospitality management, but a degree in marketing, business, public relations, or communications will also give you a solid background.When you apply for a position in this field, consider mentioning these qualities in your event specialist cover letter:
- Experience: Tell about events you have planned in the past, event-planning jobs you have held, or event-planning internships you have completed in your event specialist cover letter.
- Creativity: People don’t want the same old, same old–that’s why they’re hiring an event specialist in the first place. In your event specialist cover letter, tell about an event that was a smashing success because of your brilliant idea.
- Time management: Event specialists have to juggle several different projects at once and get everything done before the deadline. Tell about a time where you were crunched for time but miraculously pulled it off.
- Problem-solving: If you can invent creative solutions to event disasters in a heartbeat, mention that in your event specialist cover letter. Something is bound to go wrong with one of your events at some point in your life, and employers want someone who won’t fall apart when problems arise.
Since event specialty is a very broad category, people with this title make anywhere from 30,000 to 100,000 dollars. If you want to land a high-paying position, perfect your event specialist cover letter. For help getting started, view the sample event specialist cover letter below.