When you are looking for a new job, it helps to have a few tricks up your sleeve. One way to catch the attention of just about any hiring manager is to send a finely-crafted CV along with your job application. Looking at sample CVs, like the logistics CV example below, can give you a good idea of how to get started and what kind of material to include. The accompanying writing guide has additional information on convincing employers that you are the best person for the job.
E: firstname.lastname@example.org P: 000-000-0000
Supply chain management expert seeking to revitalize product transportation and distribution for food retail chains. Proven history of eliminating supply chain waste and reallocating financial and personnel resources to maximize distribution efficiency. View projects and processes through a broad lens while maintaining ability to focus on details. Energetic leader motivated to lead through example and positivity. Skilled at properly allocating personnel to work areas commensurate with their individual strengths and aptitudes. Develop spreadsheets and databases that optimize organizational efficiency and keep high volumes of information manageable and digestible.
- Mediation and diplomacy skills, useful for resolving conflicts with and between colleagues and clients.
- Time management expert, able to accurately determine the length of time needed to complete tasks.
- Strong communicator capable of listening attentively, speaking effectively, and writing clearly.
- Powerful negotiator with propensity for using calm logic to persuade others.
- Proficient in business and project management software, including Microsoft Office Suite and Microsoft Access.
- Direct transportation and distribution for time-sensitive goods, ensuring their safe and prompt delivery to retail sites.
- Coordinate efforts between manufacturers, distributors, and sellers. Communicate with all parties to respond to their needs and optimize satisfaction.
- Engage in ongoing efforts to eliminate waste in supply chain.
- Transformed logistics chain by reevaluating strengths of suppliers and distributors. Collected data and determined how to cut costs while providing consumers with more desirable products. Saved corporation over $2,000,000 in first year of implementation, with savings increasing each subsequent year.
- Supervise 30 team members. Divide projects into discrete tasks and assign tasks at weekly meetings.
- Identify promising employees. Invite potential future leaders to individual mentoring sessions for the purposes of offering professional guidance and strengthening company culture.
- Participate in lean manufacturing seminars and apply knowledge to professional practices.
- Monitored supplier activities to ensure timely deliveries of products.
- Planned conferences and meetings between distributors and retailers, often mediating disagreements and formulating solutions to complex problems.
- Managed team of 10 employees, increasing profits and adhering to budget every quarter.
- Hosted monthly pizza lunches to reward good performance and build team camaraderie.
- Developed new database for tracking goods in transportation, enabling all points of supply chain to follow progress.
- Organized departmental data and delivered quarterly reports to supervisors.
- Communicated with suppliers and connected them with local distributors.
- Created spreadsheets for collecting financial, personnel, and product data. Updated spreadsheets as needed to keep pace with changing needs of department.
- Recommended optimal route for emerging product line, resulting in an improved profit margin.
Dedicated runner. Compete in four marathons per year as well as numerous shorter races. Enthusiastic about interior design and home remodeling. Passionate about music and play lead electric guitar in punk rock band. Former Mathlete and still participate in online math challenges for fun.
Questions for Your Global Logistics Manager CV
How do you write a logistics CV?
Start writing your curriculum vitae for a job in logistics by setting up the major sections of this professional document and filling your information into each section. Your header should include your full name and contact information. Follow this section with a professional summary or objective statement and lists of your work history and educational background. You may conclude your CV by devoting a section to hobbies and interests.Use a text editor to compose a plain text document or a word processor for more formatting options. You can also use our perfect resume builder to create a CV with no writing needed.
How can you highlight team experience on a logistics CV?
If you are seeking a logistics position that involves working with others, find ways to draw attention to team experience on your CV. You can bring up leadership and teamwork in your summary statement or qualifications section, like the candidate on our logistics CV sample. In addition to communication skills, this candidate draws attention to his or her conflict resolution and negotiation skills.If you have worked on teams in the past, address this experience in the work history section of your CV. The candidate on our sample points out that she supervised large teams in her last two logistics management roles.
How many skills should you put on a logistics CV?
List enough skills to respond to the requirements for a position, and bring up a few unique hard or soft skills that further qualify you for the job, usually between five and 10 in total. You may format this section with bullet points for organizational purposes or create two columns to cover twice as many skills in the same amount of vertical space. The candidate on our logistics CV sample describes five broad skill areas.
How do you describe achievements on your logistics CV?
Depending on the achievement, you may bring up awards and honors in your summary statement, skills, or experience section. Bringing up career-level achievements recognized throughout the logistics field in your summary statement can help you make a strong initial impression on a hiring manager or recruiter.You may list awards related to your performance under qualifications. If you gained recognition in a past position, include this achievement in the bulleted list accompanying the relevant entry in your work experience section. If you would like to showcase a variety of achievements, you can also designate a separate section on your CV.
How long should a logistics CV be?
Most CVs should be about one page long, like our logistics CV sample. Your CV may spill onto a second page if you have extensive experience. Though CVs can be longer than resumes, you should still keep this professional document easy for prospective employers to skim and learn everything they need to know to determine whether you are the right candidate for an available position.
Logistics CV Must-Haves
What Does Logistics Do?
People who work in the field of logistics coordinate the transportation, distribution, and purchase of products and services for a variety of business environments. Logistics workers are responsible for managing both personnel and goods, so ideal candidates are strong leaders who are highly organized. Just as the logistics CV example does, your CV should emphasize your broadly applicable skill sets, such as the ability to see the big picture or an aptitude for solving problems. One way logistics workers keep track of all their information is by creating appropriate databases and spreadsheets, so you should make note of any experience you have with business and project management software.
Tips for Creating a Great Logistics CV
- Whenever possible, describe your past work experience through the lens of achievements made rather than simply duties performed. This immediately designates you as someone who goes above and beyond.
- Leadership is an important aspect of logistics work, so include specific examples of times when you used your leadership skills to get positive results.
- There is no need to explain why you left past positions. In fact, doing so can make you appear unprofessional, even if the reasons behind your departure were compelling.
- Since logistics workers are concerned with streamlining processes, your CV will be especially impressive if you can include examples of times when you improved the efficiency of a work process.
We can help you build your professional CV
- Professionally designed and formatted templates
- Expert suggestions for filling out every section of your CV, customized by job title
- Easily create different versions of your CV, customized for different jobs