123 Fake Street, City, State, Zip Code
E: email@example.com P: 000-000-0000
Works as a physical therapist primarily assisting children who have mobility difficulties. Specializes in patients with Cerebral Palsy and regularly travels to Canada and Europe for research purposes to learn more about emerging therapy techniques associated with those countries. Possesses expert-level knowledge about the Hart Walker, a customizable mobility aid geared towards children with gait-related challenges.
- -Native English speaker who is fluent in Spanish.
- -Efficiently calms patients who are in unsettling situations and makes them feel less anxious.
- -Possesses a high level of computer literacy on both Windows and Macintosh platforms.
- -Competently communicates through oral and written means to facilitate patient understanding and compliance.
- -Regularly encourages colleagues and promotes a collaborative atmosphere that benefits patients and employees alike.
- Assess patients and document findings to determine how to best treat them.
- Instruct patients about how to participate in ongoing therapies at home and inform them how to monitor their own progress.
- Encourage clients who are in pain or otherwise feeling burdened by prohibitively difficult circumstances.
- Compile accurate information about individuals and enter it into a cloud-based patient recordkeeping interface.
- Communicate with patients, fellow health care workers, and parents to give details about treatment plans, progress, and setbacks.
- Coach patients about how to take responsibility for ongoing management of their conditions so they feel empowered by their actions.
- Supervised patients during exercises and assessments, then reported results to a physical therapist.
- Recognized by a grateful mother who said her son was finally genuinely motivated to do his daily stretching program. Prior to meeting me, this had never occurred throughout seven years of physical therapy sessions.
- Set up equipment in preparation for patient appointments.
- Monitored the work environment and kept it free from potential hazards.
- Created color-coded treatment plan cards to aid in patient adherence to home care instructions. They were soon adopted by other departments within the Mayo Clinic network because of proven effectiveness within the physical therapy sector.
I am an active member of the Virginia Physical Therapy Association. Every summer, I volunteer as a camp counselor at a summer program for children with mobility-related impairments. Each weekend, I take part in a mentoring program to support children with special needs and their families. I am passionate about personal fitness and believe that interest helps me better understand my patients and the physical limitations they face.