Build Your CV
6578 Lankershim Boulevard, Reno, NV 11111
E: email@example.com T: 555-111-2222
Knowledgeable electrical site engineer with years of experience and a proven track record to handle large-scale projects. Resourceful leader who knows how to manage a team effectively and ensure everyone is working in a productive, safe manner. Exceptional planning skills that allow me to come in for a majority of the projects I have worked on in the past. Skilled in using the latest technology to develop comprehensive blueprints for projects.
- Utilize computer-assisted design software to develop plans for new electrical grids, and present them to management for final approval.
- Collaborate with engineers to ensure new grid will work as designed and will meet all state standards.
- Estimate costs to prepare budgets, coming in well under budget for last 20 projects to extreme satisfaction of clients.
- Supervise team members, and ensure goals are met every day of a project.
- Listen to customer complaints, and work tirelessly to pinpoint the root cause of the problem.
- Tested new systems before telling client a project would be complete.
- Submitted progress reports throughout a job so customers always stayed in the loop.
- Checked back in with clients six months after job was complete to make sure new electric system was still operating as desired.
- Trained new team members how to perform a specific task.
- Troubleshot electrical instruments when they began to malfunction, and ordered more supplies when necessary.
- Wrote safety manuals that would later be distributed to everyone at the company, and regularly updated manual to reflect new laws and regulations.
- Conducted field surveys to figure out why a certain system was not performing properly.
Off the clock, I enjoy volunteering at a local animal shelter. Last month, I oversaw an adoption drive that resulted in over 50 cuddly critters getting adopted. I also enjoy exercising and love going for jogs on local trails.
Build Your CV
Electrical Site Engineer CV Must-Haves
What Does an Electrical Site Engineer Do?
An electrical site engineer conducts ample research to design, develop, and test a potential new electrical system before production can officially begin. Additional duties include preparing technical drawings, working with engineers to work out kinks in the plan, directing the manufacturing of the system once production starts, and compiling data on the efficiency of systems once they are in operation. Part of an engineer’s oversight entails making sure that the project is progressing on time and within budget. Engineers prepare work reports and submit them to clients following the completion of a job. When issues with the system arise in the future, the engineer will be the one to troubleshoot the problem and recommend the ideal course of action. If your past jobs have had you do these tasks or the duties mentioned in the electrical site engineer CV example, then you want to convey that in your own CV.
Tips for Creating a Great Electrical Site Engineer CV
Do you want some extra pointers to make your CV even better? Follow these tips before you email your CV to hiring managers:
– You do not have to write your home address on your CV if you are uncomfortable, but you at least need to put the city and state you live in.
– The Professional Summary section on an engineer’s CV should include a mix of technical prowess and soft skills.
– Under Hobbies, discuss things that make you more desirable as a job candidate. Do not talk about how much you like to be lazy and lounge on the couch all day watching television.
– If you discuss specific numbers, make sure you write out numbers that are less than 10. For example, write out “eight” instead of putting “8.” The exception would be if you are discussing a mix of numbers above and below 10. In that case, you could just use numerals.
– Have someone else read your CV to catch any errors you might have missed.