Have you thrown your hat in the ring for several logistics assistant jobs but have yet to hear back on any of your inquiries? The issue may not be your qualifications, but rather that your applications keep getting lost in the crowd. To keep this from happening in the future, consider submitting a curriculum vitae alongside your application. A logistics assistant CV example has been included here (along with a few writing guidelines) to help you in creating your own. Such a document can capture the attention of prospective employers and help you stand out from other applicants.
Build Your CV
9635 Circle Way, Denver, Colorado 11111
E:ttennyson@email P: 555-222-8888
Experienced logistics professional looking to progress into supervisory role. Five years of experience working in warehousing and logistics, along with strong knowledge of key business principles. Often looked to as a leader by coworkers and as a mentor by new employees. Work history and educational background have helped in developing an excellent understanding all of the aspects of supply warehouse management, including safety and reporting requirements. Recognized by managers, shipping partners, and others in authority positions as one who would be an effective team leader.
- Maintain inventory database that catalogues all supplies and components available in regional warehouse for national home improvement store retailer.
- Coordinate with shipping partners to verify receipt and storage of new product orders, and to ensure that all invoices are transferred on to finance department.
- Prepare weekly reconciliation reports detailing all shipping and receiving activity to be shared with management team.
- Coordinated with the department managers at the eight stores in region to track in-store inventories.
- Prepared new purchase orders whenever inventory volumes met reorder criteria.
- Received shipment confirmations and invoices from clients and coordinated with their representatives to ensure payments were made in a timely fashion.
- Worked at the warehouse of regional mail and freight carrier.
- Prepared all packing materials for items as they came in to help ensure safe delivery.
- Loaded items on to trucks, planes, and railway containers in preparation to be shipped.
- Participated in internship program offered by regional freight carrier.
- Worked under logistics manager assisting with the management of shipping routes and weekly supply orders.
- Studied the processes used by company’s web development department to maintain online tracking portal.
- Worked part-time for local grocer helping to maintain stock room operations while attending high school and college.
- Tasked with unloading grocery shipments and storing items in appropriate areas.
- Assisted the grocery manager in maintaining grocery inventory.
Avid University of Colorado sports fan who contributes football and basketball articles to local blog. Enjoy winter sports, especially snowmobiling and snowboarding. Travel to Montana with family every fall to go bow hunting and fishing.
Build Your CV
Logistics Assistant CV Questions
As with every document you compose, you need to understand your audience. The first reader of your CV is typically a harried hiring manager facing a stack of job applications and pressure to fill the position. Your format should make it very easy for this person to quickly skim your document and glean essential facts.
Our logistics assistant CV sample presents some helpful formatting techniques. Headers and bold fonts separate various sections and subsections, while bullet points organize parcels of information within the sections.
Your qualification, or skills, section should set forth a list of top characteristics essential to the position you seek. These should include the employer’s stated requirements. In addition, list qualifications that separate you from other applicants. Generally, you should not exceed eight bullet points in this section, as an overload of information tends to distract the reader from other important parts of your CV.
The qualifications section in our logistics assistant CV sample relates each qualification to aspects of job performance. Because this applicant has stated his goal of obtaining a supervisory position, he also emphasizes leadership and management skills.
Read the job applications instructions carefully; if the employer specifies a file format for your CV, be sure to follow it. As a default in the absence of specific directions, PDF format has the benefits of following convention and allowing easy conversion from other formats.
Before you submit your CV, make sure file conversion has not caused formatting errors. Emailing the file to yourself and opening it can help you identify potential issues.
Following proper CV structure helps you create flow that makes your document easy to read. Take a look at our logistics assistant CV sample to get a clear picture of what effective structure looks like.
Your CV’s header should contain your name, address, phone number, and email. You can then start the substantive part of your CV with a professional summary that states your professional goals, background, and top attributes. The skills section lists essential qualifications and should include a mix of technical and soft competencies. In your work history section, list each position you held in reverse chronological order, along with a few bullet points detailing major job duties and achievements. Follow this with an education section that covers your schooling. Unlike a resume, your CV may finish up with a short section about your hobbies and interests.
A logistics assistant works with warehouse staff, delivery teams, and clients to keep things running smoothly. Thus, teamwork ranks among the essential skills to showcase on your CV. In addition to listing qualities such as cooperation, teamwork, and communication, demonstrate how you used these skills by describing your collaborative efforts in your work history section. Our step-by-step resume builder also offers industry-specific text examples to help you out with the right phrasing.
Logistics Assistant CV Must-Haves
What Does a Logistics Assistant Do?
The logistics assistant CV example provided here gives you a good idea of what such a document should look like as well as an understanding of the type of information it should contain. However, in order to complete your own, you must also have a general idea of what sorts of roles and responsibilities come with the position you’re seeking. This knowledge will help you see what areas of your work history you should highlight in your CV. Logistics assistants usually work directly under a company or organization’s logistics manager, performing support tasks such as tracking shipments and item receipts, monitoring inventory volumes, and working with financial and budgeting analysts on both purchase orders and client invoices. Another assigned task may be to manage a company’s warehouse operations. A logistics assistant may also be given administrative duties, such as coordinating payroll and performing employee evaluations.
Tips for Creating a Great Logistics Assistant CV
Some may tell you that since your CV is all about you, there’s no way that you can go wrong with it. This assumption fails to acknowledge that your CV is actually all about the job that you’re seeking, and why you are the ideal fit for such a position. To keep your document focused on that message, remember the following tips when creating your CV:
– Tailor the message to the job. Read the posting multiple times and study the company’s website to get an idea of its background. Use this information to customize whatever elements of your CV you can.
– List your work experience chronologically, and detail your educational history by listing the highest degree that you’ve obtained first (even if it might not directly apply to the job you’re applying for).
– Don’t use too many technical terms when describing your skills as these may not be familiar to human resource personnel.
– Don’t include any information that could alienate a reader, such as subtle hints as to your political views or religious affiliations.