One of the best ways to land a job as a WordPress developer is to present hiring managers with a strong curriculum vitae. Take a look at the included WordPress developer CV example to see how to format your own CV. It can serve as a guide that will make it easy to put together your professional summary, education, work experience, and skills, which will wow hiring managers. Also, use the provided tips to help you sharpen your CV and make it as engaging as possible.
Build My CV
777 Highway 1 Nowhere , ID 22222,E: email@example.com
Proficient and creative WordPress developer with a strong history in website management and development. Experienced in SEO and PPC campaign creation. Expert in all aspects of WordPress website creation, including design, plug-ins, and implementation. Skilled in creating engaging and interactive websites. Excel at team projects and leadership. Detail-oriented and knowledgeable in various programming languages. Dedicated to superior customer service at all levels from the first meeting with a client to the website maintenance after launch.
- Build websites using WordPress.
- Prepare website proposals to present to clients.
- Provide technical support to clients.
- Write coding using HTML and CSS.
- Design new features for existing websites.
- Act as the company expert in creating PPC and Google AdWords campaigns to be integrated with new website builds.
- Customize themes to meet clients’ requirements.
- Manage a user guide to help clients understand site features and management of website to increase visitor satisfaction.
- Work on a new mobile development project to expand the company into mobile website development services.
- Managed comments from visitors, including private emails and comments posted on the site.
- Introduced new plug-ins and extensions to make the website more usable and interactive.
- Created content for blog and SEO purposes to help drive traffic to the site.
- Led social media campaigns, including writing posts and managing a team that made posts on a regular basis.
- Updated website as instructed by client to introduce new features and content.
- Ensured hardware and software worked properly without errors.
- Helped in the creation of new website features to update sites for new SEO rules.
Play guitar and sing in Spanish-themed One Direction cover band called Una Sola DirecciÃƒÆ’Ã‚³n. Write original classical music compositions on guitar. Volunteer at local hospice organization two weekends a month. Volunteered for Habitat for Humanity to build two local homes for low-income families.
Build My CV
WordPress Developer CV Questions
If the job posting does not specifically request the inclusion of references, whether you include this information on your CV is up to you. If you put this information on your CV, plan on choosing at least three professional contacts to add to this section. This information should go at the end of the document, preferably on the second page, and each entry should include the name of the contact, his or her professional title, and the contact’s phone number and email address.
To make your CV stand out, the first thing you should do is review our WordPress developer CV sample. Notice how the applicant divides his CV into several distinct sections to effectively showcase his skills, abilities, and work experience.
Not only should you follow this same format for your CV, but you should also try using our step-by-step resume builder. By using this tool, you can put together a winning CV for your job hunt in a matter of minutes.
As a WordPress developer, computer skills are some of the most important abilities you possess. To effectively showcase them on your CV, start by mentioning them in your professional summary statement. As you can see from our WordPress developer CV sample, the candidate says he has experience with “all aspects of WordPress website creation” in his professional summary statement and goes into more details about these abilities in his other CV sections, including his skills and work experience sections. You should also intertwine your computer skills throughout all sections of your CV as you put together an initial draft.
One work experience entry on our WordPress developer CV sample includes nine bullet points while the other includes seven. As you draft your own CV, plan on including between five and 10 bullet points for every work experience entry. Adding more than 10 bullet points will make your CV too lengthy, while including fewer than five will not give potential employers enough information about your prior positions.
To write a CV for your upcoming job hunt, start by determining which sections you want to include on this document. For example, you may opt to include standard sections, such as a work experience, skills, and education section, but decide to add an objective statement instead of a professional summary statement if you are applying for your first job. You should also carefully review the job posting to determine which information you want to add to your CV based on the skills, abilities, and requirements the open job requires.
WordPress Developer CV Must-Haves
What Does a WordPress Developer Do?
WordPress developers use WordPress to create websites. WordPress is an open-source content management system that is well known for its blogging system. WordPress developers are experts in using the system to design websites using themes, plug-ins, and other elements. Developers also focus on integrating sites with search engine optimization, social media tools, and interactive elements to create a well-rounded user experience.
It is common for developers to work in teams with other developers or other specialists to create a website that meets the needs of clients. Expert knowledge of the various aspects and unique features of WordPress is important for success in this field. As you can see in the WordPress developer CV example, strong knowledge of programming languages is also essential for this career field, along with the ability to work quickly and under pressure.
Tips for Creating a Great WordPress Developer CV
The following tips may help you strengthen your CV and make it look more professional:
– Include all your technical skills, including programming languages known, other platforms you have worked on, and specific work you have done using WordPress. These can be spread out among the professional summary, work experience, and skills sections.
– Use the professional summary as your hook. Show why you are unique and why you would be the best choice for this job.
– Do not use the same verbs continually throughout the CV. Vary your verbs and use only action verbs that are strong and command attention. Avoid using tired phrasing like “responsible for.”
– Avoid including anything that could be political or religious, which may bring a negativity to your CV that you don’t want to project.
– Use the hobbies and interests section to highlight aspects of your personality. This section can help the hiring manager get to know you and make a connection with you, which may encourage him or her to bring you in for an interview.