Becoming a special education preschool teacher can be a rewarding career where you can make an impact in the lives of children and families. Before you can land this job, you first need a well-written resume to help your skills, experience, and personality shine. You want employers to feel confident that you will keep kids safe and happy. Your resume can help communicate your expertise to employers.
Because they deal with young children who are developmentally delayed, or physically or mentally challenged, a special education preschool teacher is a very specialized role. A special education preschool teacher needs to be able to develop individualized programs to meet the unique needs of each student. They also need to be effective communicators to parents and other members of the team specialists who help these kids. On your resume you need to make note of any continuing education, certificates, certifications, or any other special qualifications you have. Employers want to look at your resume and see at a glance that you have what it takes to be a great special education preschool teacher.
Take a look at our special education preschool teacher resume template for inspiration as you write your own resume.
123 Fake Street
City, State, Zip Code
Compassionate, creative Special
Preschool Teacher with extensive background in both public and private school settings. Effective at developing individualized programs to meet the unique needs of each student. Excellent communication skills with students, parents and other stakeholders.
- Committed educator
- Outstanding communication skills
- Positive team member
- Creative instructor
- Highly organized
- Capable multi-tasker
April 2010 to September 2012 New Cityland Elementary–City, State Special Education Preschool Teacher
- Taught two sessions of preschool special education classes daily.
- Developed individualized programming for each student in classes.
- Worked closely with teams of other professionals to enhance the experience of students.
- Interacted regularly with parents and other stakeholders.
September2012 to January 2014 St. Matthews Elementary School–City, State Special Education Preschool Teacher
- Implemented new special education program for preschool age children.
- Oversaw all aspects of implementing programs and teaching classes.
- Hired and supervised paraprofessionals engaged for the special education program.
- Interacted with school administrators on a daily basis.
January 2014 to Present Company Name–City, State Special Education Preschool Teacher
- Created pilot special education program for preschoolers in Montessori school serving a diverse urban community.
- Responsible for selecting or creating, as needed, all educational and related materials for special education program for preschoolers.
- Hired and supervised staff of three paraprofessionals engaged for the program.
- Daily interaction with wide range of individuals associated with the program, including other professionals, school administrators, parents and regulatory authorities.
2009 University of California, City, State Bachelor of Arts, Special Education