Table of Contents
Featured Resume Example: Business Intelligence Analyst
Prudent Business Intelligence Analyst with experience providing employers with valuable and actionable data to drive profit growth. Practiced at filtering information to find and highlight vital metrics and revelatory findings. Keen support business growth by leveraging intelligence assets to predict and reveal optimal business strategies.
- Worked with other teams to increase market presence and assisted partners with reputation management and branding.
- Promoted the company’s value and brand, and researched marketing data to target new accounts.
- Assisted partners by maintaining and growing the companu’s local presence within community.
- Directed implementation of new business intelligence tools, selecting appropriate solutions and aiding in corresponding onboarding processes.
- Drafted strategic business intelligence roadmap, complete with data governance policies and tactical information safeguards.
- Led cross-functional teams to analyze and understand enterprise-wide operational impacts and opportunities of technology changes.
- Developed intelligence-sharing dashboards, providing company-wide access to collected data.
- Applied honed problem-solving skills to analyze and resolve issues impacting business operations and goal achievement.
- Designed customized data collection models for specific visualization tasks.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATION
- Accustromed to working in high stress environments while paying close attention to details and forcusing n task at hand.
- Adept at delivering training junior team members to optimize knowledge and performance.
- Ananlytical problem slover and critical thinker.
- Business Intelligence Roadmap Design
- Trend Monitoring
- Information Flow
- Data Analysis Tool Design
- Custom Reporting
- Business Intelligent Analysis
- Database Management
- Market Analysis
Top 4 Characteristics of a Best-in-Class Business Intelligence Analyst Resume
- Summary Use short, concise statements that combine valuable information about your skills, such as data extraction and report generation, with applicable personal traits like presentation and analytical skills. Highlight any specializations or qualifications you possess. For example: “Versatile Business Intelligence Analyst adept at database management and finding solutions to business problems. Specialized in production and administrative processes.”
- Skills A successful BI analyst needs a mix of analytical, technical and soft skills. Consider listing these popular skills:
• Data analysis and data warehousing
• Business intelligence, business administration and business analysis
• Data modeling and data mining
• Tableau and data visualization
• Database management and reporting
• Knowledge of Hadoop, SQL, Python or C#
• Critical thinking, decision making and problem-solving
• Communication skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office and/or Google Sheets
- Work history Give concise but detailed examples of how you used your analytical skills and educational qualifications to create a positive impact. For example: “Improved efficiency by 60% by shifting 350+ reports from Oracle reports into SSRS” or “Streamlined workflow systems and billing strategies by implementing system changes that reduced account receivables by 25%.”
- Education Some specific credentials, courses and training that fit the role of a business intelligence analyst include:
• Associate of Arts in Economics
• Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
• BBA: Business Analytics
• BBA: Business and Managerial Economics
• Master of Information and Data Science
• SAS Big Data Certification
• SQL BI Certification from Microsoft
• Intellipaat Big Data Hadoop Certification
• BA in Information Systems
See Why My Perfect Resume is a 5-Star Resume Builder
Find the Right Template for Your Resume
Create and customize your own resume for an analyst job, using these employer-ready designs
This simple but classically-styled layout uses subtly colored, centered section headings and lines to organize your information.
One of our most eye-catching designs, this template “connects the dots” with elegant graphics punctuating each resume section. Colored fonts help section headings and job titles stand out.
This template highlights the job applicant’s name with a strong header rendered in color. The bold font and capitalized sections headings make it easy for employers to scan your credentials.
Business Intelligence Analyst Resume FAQs
1. What are the skills you should emphasize for this specific job?
Depending on the specialized skills each employer looks for, consider featuring these qualifications in your resume:
- Quantitative analysis
- Survey design
- Identifying and measuring correlations
- Data analysis and data warehousing
- Applying scientific methods to gather data
- Business administration and business analysis
- SQL programming
- Data modeling and data mining
- Establishing benchmarks
- Tableau and data visualization
- Critical thinking
- Database management and reporting
- Communication skills in presenting and pitching graphical data and proposals
- Understanding the impact of economic cycles
- Evaluating stakeholder perceptions regarding problems
- Facilitating the creation of new data-reporting models
- MatLab and web analytic tools
2. What are some examples of training and certifications that fit this specific resume?
Training and certifications help give you an edge over other candidates, so be sure to include them in your education section. Some of the more BI analyst-oriented studies you can can include:
- Certified Business Intelligence Professional
- Qlikview Business Analyst
- Tableau Desktop Certified Professional
- SAS Big Data Certification
- IBM Certified Designer: IBM Cognos Analytics Author V11
- SQL BI Certification from Microsoft
- MCSA: BI Reporting
- Intellipaat Big Data Hadoop Certification
- SAP Certified Application Associate
- Business Intelligence Foundation Suite by Oracle – 11g Certified Implementation Specialist
- SAS Certified BI Content Developer for SAS 9
- MCSE: Data Management and Analytics
3. How should you organize your resume?
Your resume should show that you’ve already achieved success as a business intelligence analyst, or have the know-how to succeed in this role. Include technical skills such as Python and handling data visualization, as well as soft skills such as a high level of written and verbal communication; use these skills to describe yourself in your summary, and show how you apply them in your work history. List applications or tools you’re experienced or certified in, and give concrete examples of how you can transform analytical challenges into results.
4. How should you craft your resume if you’re looking to take the next step forward in your career?
If you’re looking to pursue a higher-level role such as ig data architect, data scientist or business intelligence project manager, work on adding more technical skills to your repertoire and gaining additional knowledge in the following areas through experience or specialized training:
- Machine learning
- Hacking skills
- Traditional research skills
- Excellent client-facing communication skills
- Data scientist certification programs