Sending a resume off for consideration can be a stressful endeavor, especially if you know that yours is only one of hundreds being reviewed. One of the best ways to make your resume shine is to include a cover letter. A well-written letter can really make your application stand out and let potential employers know you are serious. This free recruiter cover letter sample will give you some pointers.
What to Include in a Recruiter Cover Letter
Remember not to use your cover letter as a way of simply repeating the information and details given in your resume. Your letter should thoroughly but succinctly illustrate how your experiences fit with the specific job you are seeking. It is best not to exceed one page – if the letter is too long, it may not be read in its entirety. Refer to the free recruiter cover letter sample for a solid example.
Industry Specific Skills to Include
Use the free recruiter cover letter sample above to learn how to go beyond tailoring your cover letter according to your skills and the description of the position you desire. Here are some examples of good recruiter skills.
• Decision-making: Recruiters must make decisions regarding candidates who may have an essential impact on the company should they become employees.
• Detail oriented: Recruiters must pay close attention to the details in candidate applications to ensure a good fit for the position.
• Interpersonal skills: Conducting job interviews, both in person and on the phone, requires good interpersonal skills.
• Listening: Listening to what applicants say about themselves, their qualifications, and their expectations is critical to finding the best candidate.
• Speaking: Recruiters not only need to speak effectively to potential employees, but also to managers.