Agile methodology is all about flexible and interactive response to client needs. You are already an expert in this field, so you can take many of the principles you are familiar with and apply them to your CV.
If you are applying for a job that requests a curriculum vitae with your application, for example, you should be reflexive as you begin drafting it. Demonstrating that you possess these and other essential skills will make your CV stand out, and you can get even more ideas on how to write yours by consulting our agile project manager CV examples.
123 Fake Street, City, State, Zip Code
E: email@example.com P: 000-000-0000
Professional agile project manager with over 10 years of experience in various facets of project management. Knowledgeable in applications of scrum, waterfall, and agile methodologies, and skilled in developing processes that facilitate continual progress and team achievement. Previously coached teams ranging in size from 10 to 70 people and successfully completed projects ranging in budgetary scale from $400,000 to $1.3 million. Dedicated to applying principles of agile management to projects and tasks.
- Adept in leading teams of various sizes
- Excellent ability to multi-task
- Innovative problem-solving abilities
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Skilled in general management methodologies
- Implement agile management ideals by facilitating exercises such as sprint planning and team leading standups.
- Manage project timelines and communicate with management staff and clients to ensure project progress satisfactorily.
- Enact delivery upon completion of projects and ensure that delivery adheres to agile practices maintained by the company.
- Oversaw software developers’ progress on applications and applied principles of agile methodologies to keep project on track.
- Coached team in optimal time utilization through concepts of scrum and agile management methodologies.
- Led sprint reviews and daily scrum meetings to touch base with whole team and ensure that all members were performing satisfactorily.
- Trained team members as well as the rest of the company staff in employing agile and scrum practices to improve work flow.
- Led team in creating multiple software applications that served various purposes in sectors such as health care and tech.
- Tracked progress of project by maintaining constant communication with senior management staff within client’s company and internally.
- Applied basic management principles to tasks in order to better optimize time management and achieve goals.
Outside of work, there are many hobbies and activities I take part in. I am most drawn to anything which allows me to enjoy the great outdoors while also working on fitness, including running, jogging, hiking, and bicycling. I also lift weights and take yoga classes whenever I have the opportunity. Volunteering is important to me, too, so I serve my community by providing job skills coaching at the local employment center. This helps unemployed job seekers become more confident and strengthens the local work force.
Questions for Your Agile Project Manager CV
How do you format an agile project manager CV?
You can find a variety of CV templates that can work well to showcase your qualifications. When selecting your design, keep in mind your goals of professionalism and clarity. Our agile project manager CV sample uses a simple, streamlined design with elements such as lines and headers that facilitate visual flow from one section to another.
Some applicants think using a creative font or flashy design elements will help their CV stand out. Unless you have done your research and have certain knowledge that this particular employer appreciates creative flourishes, let the contents of your CV do the talking and keep your design unobtrusive.
How do you describe achievements on your agile project manager CV?
Professional accomplishments tell employers you get results. Including specific achievements can bolster your CV greatly. Most accomplishments you list should have relevance to your career as an agile project manager. However, if you achieved particularly spectacular results in your hobby or during your studies, you may mention that in the applicable section. If you choose to include outside achievements, select those most people would recognize as impressive.
To give the reader an accurate idea of your achievement, provide specifics. In addition to stating you received a certain award, include some context such as outstanding metrics.
How should you structure your agile project manager CV?
Begin your CV with a header that includes your name and contact information. Then continue with your professional summary, which introduces you and presents the main reasons why you are a great candidate. Your next section should feature a concise list of major skills, most of which should reference components of the agile methodology. Your work experience section should list your positions in reverse chronological order, as well as employers, dates of employment, and major responsibilities and accomplishments. Your last two sections contain information on your education and your hobbies.
Not sure how to organize your information into these sections? Our agile project manager CV sample shows one effective way of doing so. For more help, check out our step-by-step CV maker.
How do you list schools in an agile project manager CV?
Since you are at the point in your career where you have advanced to a management position, employers tend to see your experience as more important than your studies. This means you do not need to include a high amount of detail on your educational career. Generally, you should give your college degree, field of study, granting institution, and graduation year. As most employers require a bachelor’s or associate degree, include yours even if obtained in a different field. On the other hand, omit further degrees or certifications that do not pertain to your current career path.
How do you list certifications on your agile project manager CV?
If you have one or two certifications, include them in your education section. Multiple certifications can form a section of their own. Only mention certifications with relevance to your job. For example, the applicant in our agile project manager CV sample lists a certification as a Scrum Master, which enhances his performance as a project manager.
Agile Project Manager CV Must-Haves
What Does an Agile Project Manager Do?
An agile project manager is tasked with the core responsibilities that any project manager must take on: overseeing progress, managing a budget, coaching team members, and solving problems. The agile methodology guides completion of these tasks by emphasizing the interactivity and incremental nature of managing such projects.
As an agile project manager, therefore, you can expect to engage in exercises such as sprint planning, collaboration development, scrum stage completion, and project planning. Each of these contributes to the ultimate function of the position: to facilitate collaboration, encourage mindful work exercises among team members, complete tasks efficiently and completely, and work intuitively. In achieving these goals, the agile project manager has successfully implemented agile methodologies in the project context. You can display your knowledge of these principles by consulting our agile project manager CV example and writing your CV in the same style.
Tips for Creating a Great Agile Project Manager CV
Your CV is an important part of the hiring process, and it is your first opportunity to demonstrate just how qualified you are for the position you want. When it comes to creating a great agile project manager CV, these tips should help:
- Do mention familiarity with other management approaches, but focus primarily on your application of agile methodologies.
- Don’t be overly general when you are talking about prior experience with agile practices, as this can distract from your qualifications.
- Do make it clear that your expertise has been successful in the past by citing specific instances of project success you have achieved.
- Don’t neglect to highlight the importance of agile concepts in your work by overemphasizing your project management skills.
We can help you build your professional CV
- Professionally designed and formatted templates
- Expert suggestions for filling out every section of your CV, customized by job title
- Easily create different versions of your CV, customized for different jobs