A solid curriculum vitae is key to getting noticed for an open position. If you have your eyes on a job that requires you send a CV as part of the application process, a great way to get yours into shape is by using the helper CV example on this page as a guide. Once you have a good feel for where yours is headed, read on for tips on what to include and how to ensure your piece is ready to send off. Who knows? Your next interview may be just around the corner.
123 Fake Street, City, State, Zip Code
E: email@example.com P: 000-000-0000
Seeking a position as a maintenance helper to complement my enrollment in night classes. Two summers of experience cleaning and making repairs in college dormitory rooms. Reliable, trustworthy, and punctual about all commitments. Efficient, calculating worker who assesses hazards and maintains a focus on safety. Clear verbal communicator with legible handwriting. Bringing a positive outlook and strong work ethic to the job every day.
- Eye for detail to find cracks, missing screws, stains, and anything else needing to be addressed.
- Thorough in regards to the work I am in charge of. For example, when repainting a wall, I may apply a second coat the next day.
- Concerned primarily about quality. I’d rather do a job right the first time than too quickly and risk that something breaks again in the near future.
- Eager to follow directions, take good notes, and report back exactly what I accomplished.
- Able to troubleshoot power equipment to come up with solutions to common malfunctions.
- Well-versed in environmental health and safety and practicing such principles daily.
- Initiative to take on new projects, learn new skills, and take on greater responsibility.
- Patched holes and painted walls.
- Handled light plumbing repairs, such as fixing leaking pipes and replacing faucets.
- Stretched carpet and replaced broken tile.
- Separated garbage, recycling, and donation-worthy items left behind by students.
- Dusted fixtures, ceilings, and walls.
- Thoroughly cleaned bathrooms, bedrooms, and countertops.
- Used commercial equipment to steam clean carpets and polish hallway floors.
- Used trimmers to maintain natural hedges and an edger to cut grass away from sidewalks.
- Operated reel and self-propelled lawn movers in consistently straight horizontal lines.
- Assisted with daily equipment maintenance.
Since elementary school, I’ve enjoyed building things. I’ve always helped my dad and grandad with projects around the house, including a home addition. After my high school shop classes I started building little wood train cars and tracks for friends and neighbors. I’ve been riding horses with my two brothers for several years. During the warmer seasons, I like to head out to state parks and wilderness areas to enjoy camping and swimming. For far-away vacations, I’ve enjoyed cruises to the Caribbean.
Maintenance Worker Job Overview and Tips
What Does a Helper Do?
Helpers apply mechanical knowledge to handle routine tasks and make minor repairs. They may work alone at times, but in most cases are under the guidance and supervision of a journeyman. They use physical strength and dexterity to move supplies from a truck to a jobsite, or in the case of a factory, from a loading dock to the production environment. As a helper, you may be responsible for keeping equipment clean, in addition to refilling tanks with water, gasoline, or whatever fluid is being used. In environments where noise, dust, or sharp objects are present, you’re likely to be working with the assistance of personal protective gear. Our helper CV example shows how you can gear your curriculum vitae to match your qualities and skills to those a hiring manager has in mind.
Tips for Creating a Great Helper CV
Now that you’ve seen how to format your CV, you’re ready to get creating using our CV maker. Keep the following tips in mind as you go:
- Use a variety of words to describe yourself. Try not to repeat the same action verbs more than once. If necessary, consult a thesaurus for inspiration.
- Only include your high school if you don’t have any postsecondary education to list. You can add your GPA if you’re a recent graduate.
- Listing your street address is optional. If you’d rather leave it out, consider including just your city, state, and zip code.
- Include abbreviations that are commonly known. In the case of lesser-known abbreviations, employ parenthesis to spell out the complete meaning.
- Don’t rely on a sole program for spelling and grammar checking. Proofread your CV yourself, and get at least one other person to read it over to suggest additional edits.
- Export your curriculum vitae as a PDF and open it for review. Compare the formatting to your original document, make the needed changes, and create a final PDF.
More Resume Examples for the Next Step in Your Top Maintenance CV Career
- Apartment Maintenance Supervisor Resume
- Boilermaker Welder Resume
- Cable Technician Resume
- Computer Repair Technician Resume
- Facilities Maintenance Manager Resume
- General Maintenance Technician Resume
- Industrial Maintenance Mechanic Resume
- Maintenance Manager Resume
- Millwright Resume
- Maintenance Technician Resume
- Maintenance Worker Resume
More Cover letter Examples for the Next Step in Your Top Maintenance CV Career
More Cv Examples for the Next Step in Your Top Maintenance CV Career
We can help you build your professional CV
- Professionally designed and formatted templates
- Expert suggestions for filling out every section of your CV, customized by job title
- Easily create different versions of your CV, customized for different jobs