123 Fake Street, City, State, Zip Code
E: email@example.com P: 000-000-0000
Reliable research technician with experience in a variety of research methods and techniques. Worked in a lab for years conducting independent study to observe various types of organic materials. Keen eye for details and exceptional written communication skills to relay findings to numerous publications. Additional mechanical knowledge to build efficient machines and develop software to assist studies greatly.
- -Knowledge of scientific methods and rules as well as state regulations about how specific experiments are to be carried out -Expertise in database and scientific software, such as Thomson EndNote and Gene Codes Sequencher -Thorough comprehensive regarding how to use most types of scientific equipment, including DNA sequencers, fluorometers, and bioanalyzers -Exceptional communication skills to provide information to colleagues either through written documents or speech -Excellent critical thinking skills to determine where a study went wrong and how to make it better for next time
- Develop research protocols for five different experiments and communicate those protocols to the staff members I lead.
- Audit other technicians’ studies to determine where they could be improved upon, and once found a way to reduce a colleague’s funding requirement by 10 percent.
- Present findings to various conferences all over the country.
- Make trips to local universities to encourage students to pursue careers in the sciences.
- Catalog company’s use of resources and make recommendations on how to use those resources more efficiently.
- Analyzed data and kept careful notes that would be later typed into the digital database.
- Maintained work area to ensure it was always sanitary, and followed all state guidelines for how biological experiments were to be conducted.
- Calibrated equipment in the lab and out in the field when necessary.
- Offered technical support to colleagues, and on more than one occasion, helped machinery get back up and running without having to contact an outside contractor.
- Examined live specimens to make sure they stayed in good health.
- Cleaned supplies and restocked when the lab was running low.
- Developed a digital logging system to make it easier for technicians to catalog findings.
- Participated in research presentations and created visual aids to help technicians present their work.
- Measured compounds to ensure accuracy before they were sent out into the field.
Outside of the lab, I enjoy relaxing at home, enjoying a good detective novel. However, lately most of my time seems to be assisting my kids with homework and their extracurricular activities. Although they try to get me to do their science projects for them, I always encourage them to do as much as possible on their own, and I only lend a helping hand when it seems prudent.