Top Training Development CV Examples
- 30% higher chance of getting a job
- 42% higher response rate from recruiters
Our customers have been hired at:*Foot Note
Training and development specialists can create an effective learning environment for working adults. In addition to your public speaking, you have the chops to create a curriculum and professional assessment for corporate training programs. Now, it’s time to make a CV to jump-start your career by showcasing your experience and behavioral science expertise as well as your interpersonal skills, like active listening, leadership and persuasion
We can help you make the perfect training development CV or resume and create an effective cover letter to match it. Find inspiration in our CV examples, resume examples, and cover letter examples to get started.
Our customer reviews say it best
Training development CV FAQ
1. What are some common skills required for training development jobs?
- Instructional design
- KPI management
- Adult learning technology
- Gamification of learning
- Research and documentation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Cultural competence
- Relationship building
- Project management
2. What's the ideal format for a training and development CV?
A training development CV format is open. To narrow down your options, choose the CV order according to your strongest qualifications, industry or job requirements. Find a polished, professional CV template, and pay close attention to your grammar, action verbs and keywords to create your perfect CV.
3. What qualifications and certifications do employers look for in this industry?
The minimum qualification to work in training and development is a bachelor’s degree. Pay close attention to the job description as employers may ask for a master’s degree in lieu or addition for experience.
Certifications can also add power to your CV. A few certifications to consider are:
- Certified Professional in Talent Development (CPTD)
- Certified Professional in Training Management (CPTM)
- Associate Professional in Talent Development (APTD)
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP)
- SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP)
- Project Management Professional (PMP)®
Remember to include the issuing institution and, if applicable, the expiration date.
4. What is the salary potential for a training development professional?
According to the Bureau of Labor training development, the median annual wage for training development specialists is $61,570 and $120,120 for training and development managers.
These are salaries in related occupations:
- Compensation and benefits managers: $127,530 per year
- Compensation, benefits, and job analysis specialist: $64,120 per year
- School counselors: $60,510 per year
- Instructional coordinators: $63,740 per year
5. What does the career progression for training development look like?
For this decade, the Bureau of Labor projects a 7% growth for training and development managers, with 3,700 annual job openings and 2,900 new jobs over the decade. For training and development specialists, BLS projects an 8% growth rate, with 36,500 annual job openings and 28,900 new jobs over the decade. In comparison, BLS projects a 5% growth rate nationwide for all occupations.
How we reviewed this article
Since 2013, we have helped more than 15 million job seekers. We want to make your career journey accessible and manageable through our services and Career Center’s how-to guides and tips. In our commitment to bring you a transparent process, we present our Editorial Process.
- Bureau of Labor Training and Development Specialists
- Bureau of Labor Training and Development Managers
- Society of Human Resources Management Training and Development Manager
- Digital Promise.org Applying Adult Learning Theory
- eLearning Industry Gamification For Learning: Strategies And Examples
- Project Management Institute Project Management Professional (PMP)®
- Training Industry Certified Professional in Training Management (CPTM)
- Association for Talent Development Associate Professional in Talent Development (APTD)
- Reworked 8 Learning and Development Certifications for the Workplace