Top Entertainment Resume Examples
- 30% higher chance of getting a job
- 42% higher response rate from recruiters
Our customers have been hired at:*Foot Note
Your creativity, interpersonal skills, business acumen and technical skills combine to create a magical experience for an audience. Now it’s time to bring your career to life and write a resume to highlight your skills and commitment to the craft.
We’re here to help you build the perfect entertainment resume or CV and create an effective cover letter to match it. Plus, we offer some great resume examples, CV examples and cover letter examples to get you started.
Resume examples for top entertainment jobs
Our customer reviews say it best
Entertainment resume FAQ
1. What are some common skills required for entertainment jobs?
- Filming techniques
- Media production
- Visual effects
- Studio floor camera
- Adobe Premier
- Final Cut
- Production planning
- Relationship building
- Contract negotiations
- Project management
2. What qualifications and certifications do employers look for in this industry?
The entertainment industry has a wide variety of roles. Depending on yours, there could be no education requirement, like singers, or a bachelor’s degree, for production roles. Certifications can also back up your knowledge and specialization. For example, Producing Certificate, Post-Production Certification, Entertainment Technician Certification or Entertainment Law and Industry Certificate, among others.
3. What is the salary potential for an entertainment professional?
The salary of an entertainment professional varies according to employer, job title and location. The Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) reports the median annual wage is $49,470. BLS also reported the following as median pay for similar occupations:
- Film and video editors: $60,360 per year
- Music directors and composers: $49,130 per year
- Producers and directors: $79,000 per year
- Special effects artists and animators: $78,790
4. What does the career progression for an entertainment professional look like?
The Bureau of Labor Statistics projects 13% growth in entertainment employment, which exceeds the 5% projected growth for all occupations. The BLS expects 106,200 job openings each year until 2031.
5. What’s the ideal resume format for an entertainment resume?
The ideal resume format will highlight your strengths and value as a candidate. Choose one according to your years of experience and career goals in entertainment.
- Functional format: Great for entry-level candidates. Its layout focuses on skills, allowing you to showcase the abilities you bring to the table.
- Combination format: The choice for those with a few years under the belt, this format balances skills and work experience.
- Chronological format: Ideal for candidates with 10+ years of experience. This format highlights your expertise through a detailed work history section.
How we reviewed this article
Since 2013, we have helped more than 15 million job seekers. We want to make your career journey accessible and manageable through our services and Career Center’s how-to guides and tips. In our commitment to bring you a transparent process, we present our Editorial Process.
Bureau of Labor Statistics. https://www.bls.gov/ooh/entertainment-and-sports/home.htm