If you enjoy working with tools, solving problems, and working in different environments, it’s time to consider looking for a position as a boilmaker welder. The first step in landing any new position is to start crafting a resume that highlights your abilities. Even if you’ve never put your experience into words before, it’s possible to create something that makes you stand out from the crowd.
Boilmaker welders need to be proficient with power tools. They also need to understand fresh water distribution systems and be able to read blueprints. Make sure you note these qualifications in your resume. If you have any other work experience or special abilities, you’ll want to highlight those, as well. Hiring managers only spend a few minutes reading each resume, so make sure yours stands out!
When you’re ready to start working on your new resume, check out our boiler welder resume templates for more ideas.
123 Fake Street
City, State, Zip Code
Boilermaker Welder experienced in the construction, assembly, maintenance and repair of boilers. Familiar with the latest hand and power tools, levels, plumb bobs, dogs, wedges, turnbuckles and welding equipment. Certified and licensed, using effective handling and safety measures to address operations in accurate and efficient manners.
- Stationary steam boiler and boiler house auxiliaries
- Boilermaker construction welding experience
- Familiar with fresh water distribution systems
- Cleaning of boilers and boiler furnaces
- Assembly of boiler frame tanks and vats
- Proficient with necessary power and hand tools
- Design of schematics and blueprints
- Licensed forklift and crane operator
March 2007 to Present Company Name, City, State Boilermaker Welder
- Manage steam boilers for clients in industrial and commercial facilities.
- Cut metal components with power tools and hand shears.
- Remove welding surfaces with a portable grinder.
- Use precision devices for measurement of metal grooves, gaps and angles.
- Conduct tests to assess dimension tolerances and hydrostatic levels.
- Correct material expansion, shrinking or warping.
March 2002 to January 2007 Masterson Industries, City, State Boilermaker Welder
- Performed welding production in overhead, vertical and flat stances.
- Fixed welding processing issues through adjustments in rod amperage and speed.
- Aligned metal welding components using tools like calipers and straight edges.
- Managed gas and shielded arc welding machines.
2006 University of California, City, State Bachelor’s Degree, Engineering