Table of Contents
Featured resume example: pharmacy technician
Name: DEVIN WONG
Address: City, State, Zip Code
Driven Pharmacy Technician with years of experience and success in working within fast-paced retail pharmacy settings. Highly proficient in accurately filling and labeling prescriptions, maintaining drug inventories and updating pharmacy records. Excited to bring talent and record of excellence in customer service to growing pharmacy.
- Resolved non-routine issues like third party billing, computer system and customer service issues.
- Calculated dosage, filled prescriptions and prepared prescription labels with absolute accuracy.
- Provided consultations and answered inquiries from patients, healthcare professionals and physicians regarding drugs, potential side effects and specified use.
- Restocked pharmacy shelves with current merchandise to drive consistent peripheral sales.
- Liaised with other pharmacies to eliminate issues related to product expiration.
- Consulted with insurance company representatives to complete claims processing, resolve concerns and reconcile payments.
- Educated patients on possible drug interactions, potential side effects and optimal methods of administration.
- Compared prescription details against safety standards and insurance requirements to support patients.
- Delivered training on device use and storage to enhance support for different groups of patients.
- Manual and automated medication dispensing
- Advanced math skills
- Processing payments
- Drug inventory management
- Drug storage procedures
- Medicare and Medicaid process
- Intravenous admixture preparation
- Pharmacy and customer records. management
Top 4 characteristics of a best-in-class pharmacy technician resume
- Summary Highlight your top skills and achievements in a few sentences, aiming for qualifications that best fit the role you’ve applied for. For example, if the job calls for assisting pharmacists with preparing prescriptions, you could write: “pharmacy technician resume example proficient in assisting pharmacists with preparing prescriptions.”
- Skills Scan the description of the job posting, and note key skills that conform with your strengths, such as “accuracy in checking medications.” Add these skills to this section, along with other abilities relevant to the pharmaceutical industry, such as “compliance with healthcare rules and regulations” or “excellent customer service.”
- Work History Focus on achievements rather than daily tasks, using figures and data to better display your impact. For instance: “Advised 100+ patients regarding proper usage of medications” gives employers more of an idea of your effectiveness than “Advised patients regarding use of medications.”
- Education In addition to your highest academic credential in areas such as chemistry, biology, physics or mathematics, don’t forget to mention any related internships or training, such as certification through the pharmacy technician resume example Certification Board (PTCB).
See Why My Perfect Resume is a 5-Star Resume Builder
Find the right template for your resume
Don’t waste your time searching for a resume template that gives your document the right look, These employer-ready templates are both readable and customizable.
This eye-catching template “connects” every aspect of your resume, from your summary to your skills, work history and education. The monogram presentation of the job seeker’s name adds a touch of style.
This template arranges headings in the left margin, easily highlighting each section, while the job seeker’s name gets a bold, centered presentation.
This classically-designed layout presents skills and work experience in orderly fashion, while color fonts and dividing lines makes for easy navigation.
Pharmacy technician resume FAQ
1. How should you format your resume?
If the pharmacy technician job you’re applying for requires a few years of experience, opt for a combination resume format for your resume, which gives you space to feature both your work history as well as your technical skills and training. If this is your first professional job, go with a functional resume format, which places the focus on your skills and qualifications. You can even arrange your skills in sub-categories such as soft skills, hard skills and pharmaceutical knowledge.
2. How do I include keywords in my resume?
Analyze the job posting for essential words and phrases that define the job, such as “effective organization skills” or “collaborating with member physicians.” ATS scans will search for these keywords in your resume, so make sure you address them throughout your resume. For example, in your skills section, you could write “Organizational ability,” or “Collaborated with 5 physicians on patient care plans and medication requirements” in your work history section. Don’t just copy and paste keywords; instead, list abilities and achievements that show you have these keywords covered.
3. What are the skills you should list on a hospital pharmacist resume?
In addition to pulling in keywords from the job posting, don’t forget to mention these skills:
|Hard skills:||Soft skills:|
|Manual and automated medication dispensing||Verbal and written communication|
|Advanced math skills||Critical-thinking skills|
|Drug inventory management||Accuracy|
|Adept with specialized machines, such as Boris Bottle packaging machines||Customer service|
|Drug inventory management||Clerical skills|
|Pharmacy and customer records management||Organizational and multitasking abilities|
|Knowledge of Medicare and Medicaid processes||Active listening skills|
|Manual and automated medication dispensing|
|Advanced math skills|
|Drug inventory management|
|Adept with specialized machines, such as Boris Bottle packaging machines|
|Drug inventory management|
|Pharmacy and customer records management|
|Knowledge of Medicare and Medicaid processes|
|Verbal and written communication|
|Organizational and multitasking abilities|
|Active listening skills|
4. What are some examples of certifications that are ideal for this resume?
In addition to required credentials such as a pharmacy technician certification,
add certifications and training like these examples to enhance your resume:
- Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) certifications
- National Pharmacy Technician Association (NPTA) certifications
- Sterile Product Certification (SPC)
- Chemotherapy Certification
5. How should you craft your resume if you’re looking to take the next step forward in your career?
Place emphasis on these points when making your resume in our resume builder and take your career to new heights in the Pharmacy Technician domain:
- Explore the area and obtain in-depth knowledge of all the Medicare and Medicaid processes.
- Make the best use of your advanced maths skills in calculating doses, filling prescriptions and preparing prescription labels.
- Obtain either a certificate or an associate degree to increase your credibility in the field.
- Work on your communication skills for improved customer service and enhanced relationships with member physicians.