Swim Instructor Cover Letter Example + Tips
There are many things to focus on when you’re submitting an application to be a swim instructor. One important aspect of the process is the cover letter. It gives you a chance to explain your experience and skills in greater detail than what’s shown on your resume. It also allows you to show the employer some of your personality. You can start creating a great cover letter by using this free swim instructor cover letter sample and tips section to learn what to include.
Dear Mr. Reynolds,
When I saw that there was an open swim instructor position at Jonestown Swim Club, I knew I had to apply. Swimming has always been a passion of mine, and I think I would be a great fit for your team.
I have been on swim teams since before I can remember, and I even earned a college scholarship based on my swimming skills and academics. I also recently graduated from Rawlins College with an associate’s degree in physical education. I maintained active lifeguard certifications through high school and college, and I held a position at our local swimming pool for the past three summers.
Effective coaching requires both technique and patience. I’m great with new swimmers, and I know how to communicate with children. Jonestown is a busy facility, but I am a very focused individual.
My CPR card is current, and I know I would make a great swim instructor at your club. Thank you for considering my application, and please let me know if you have questions or want to set up an interview.
What to Include in a Swim Instructor Cover Letter
When you’re writing a cover letter for a position as a swim instructor, always be specific in your greeting. Address the letter to the aquatics director or the person who is in charge of hiring. Express your interest in the job and state say why you think you would be a good candidate. You can summarize education and experience, but keep your focus on the job description. Notice how this free swim instructor cover letter sample also includes a polite thank you at the end. Finally, don’t go over one page in length.
Industry Specific Skills to Include
This free swim instructor cover letter sample shows you how to personalize your pitch, but here are a few general traits that instructors might want to mention:
● Physical fitness: As a swim instructor, you must be physically fit enough to demonstrate the strokes and techniques you are teaching.
● Motivational skills: You will be working with beginners, so you will need to motivate them to keep trying when they fail.
● Listening skills: It’s important to understand what your students are telling you in order to help them achieve their goals.
● Communication skills: Swim teachers must deliver clear instructions to students of all skill levels.
More Resume Examples for the Next Step in Your Sports Career
- Assistant Soccer Coach Resume
- Assistant Swim Coach Resume
- Associate Athletic Director Resume
- Cheerleading Coach Resume
- College Football Coach Resume
- Football Coach Resume
- Gymnastics Instructor Resume
- High School Athletic Director Resume
- High School Basketball Coach Resume
- High School Football Coach Resume
- Soccer Coach Resume
- Swim Coach Resume
- Tennis Coach Resume
- Volleyball Coach Resume