One of the best things you can do for yourself and the future of your career is to learn the importance of crafting an eye-catching curriculum vitae, one that accurately portrays your work experience, skills, a summary of your career, and even a glimpse into your hobbies and interests. The hair stylist CV example below is meant to guide you in this endeavor, as are the writing tips that follow, so that you can further perfect your CV.
123 Fake Street, City, State, Zip Code
E: email@example.com P: 000-000-0000
Mid-level hair stylist with five years of experience working with men’s and women’s hair as well as children’s. Specialize in layered coloring and intricate hairstyles and cuts. Have a passion for helping clients look and feel their absolute best and choose a style that fits their personality as well as their personal tastes. Familiar with working on various hair textures and lengths, and remain up-to-date on the best ways to take care of those textures and lengths. Interested in working as a hair stylist for high fashion runway shows.
- Well-developed creativity skills allow me to recreate and create new hairstyles for clients according to an image they bring in or information they give me.
- Time-management skills necessary to keep appointments in order and ensure each client has the time and attention he or she needs and deserves.
- Pleasant and friendly demeanor makes it easy for clients to feel at ease around me as I build and maintain my professional relationships with them.
- Excellent listening skills, which are essential for understanding what a client wants and ensuring she or he is pleased with the final result.
- Physical stamina necessary for comfortably standing on my feet for long periods of time.
- Shampoo, cut, color, and style hair for clients according to their specifications, images they bring in, and my recommendations.
- Offer clients advice on how to take the best care of their new style and their hair in general with shampoos, creams, and styling tools.
- Keep organized records of services provided and products sold to clients on a day-to-day basis.
- Use a variety of tools, such as curling irons, scissors, blow dryers, clippers, and hair brushes.
- Cut, styled, trimmed, and shampooed hair with regards to hair texture, thickness, length, and client preferences.
- Fitted clients for hairpieces to help boost their confidence or enhance their style.
- Colored, bleached, and highlighted hair under safe conditions, and gave clients instructions on how to maintain their new style.
- Offered facial shaves and facial hair trimmings.
- Performed facial and scalp treatments.
- Developed new cream to treat aftershave bumps that became a best-seller in the salon.
- Cleaned and styled various hairpieces and wigs for everyday use as well as for costumes.
- Recommended hair care products and tools to help clients understand how to better take care of their hair and hairstyle at home.
On weekends, I like to go out on the river to kick back and enjoy some fishing with my friends and dog. I enjoy drawing landscape portraits using charcoal or watercolor paints. I also volunteer my services down at the homeless shelter and senior citizen center, where I provide free haircuts and styles.
Hair Stylist Job Overview and Tips
What Does a Hair Stylist Do?
Hair stylists work with clients to decide on styles and cuts that complement the clients’ facial features or match their overall desires. The job requires hair stylists to work with a variety of tools and products, such as combs, brushes, hair dryers, shampoos, conditioners, scissors, and hair dyes. Stylists have to earn a state license before they are allowed to work, which often requires that they be at least 16 years old, have at least a high school diploma, and complete a cosmetology program. Because there are so many facets of being a competent hair stylist, it’s a good idea to take a look at the hair stylist CV example above to understand how to draft one that accurately represents your abilities.
Tips for Creating a Great Hair Stylist CV
Now it’s time to get to work. Keep these tips in mind to create a truly standout CV with our CV maker that’s sure to send your document to the top of the pile:
- Do remember that it’s perfectly acceptable for you to use sentence fragments throughout your CV.
- Don’t add anything to your document that might be considered controversial, such as your religious or political views or your race.
- Do write the job duties for your current position in present tense and those for past positions in past tense.
- Don’t miss out on the opportunity to show your personality by adding a hobbies and interest section to your CV.
More Resume Examples for the Next Step in Your Top Cosmetology CV Career
More Cover letter Examples for the Next Step in Your Top Cosmetology CV Career
More Cv Examples for the Next Step in Your Top Cosmetology CV Career
We can help you build your professional CV
- Professionally designed and formatted templates
- Expert suggestions for filling out every section of your CV, customized by job title
- Easily create different versions of your CV, customized for different jobs