Build Your CV
304 Maple Street, Philadelphia, PA 44444
E: firstname.lastname@example.org P: 333-444-9382
Professional IT manager who has been in the industry for more than 10 years. Detail- and results-oriented individual with above-average critical thinking skills, time management skills, and organizational skills. Qualified IT project manager who communicates well with clients, co-workers, and supervisors alike. Interested in getting results and ensuring a great customer experience for each client.
- Manage and execute projects so they stick to schedule, scope, and budget.
- Track project milestones and deliverables, communicating with clients and coworkers as necessary to keep them abreast of the project’s progress.
- Create and manage work breakdown structures of IT projects.
- Collect and summarize information in preparation for creating and submitting status reports.
- Created and executed plans for communication protocol during projects.
- Scheduled and led meetings related to current and upcoming information technology projects.
- Assessed risk factors and developed strategies for response.
- Obtained resources and materials for projects by negotiating with project stakeholders.
- Recruited, interviewed, and hired contractors and employees to work on IT projects.
- Developed annual budgets for new and ongoing IT projects and ensured operation within parameters.
- Assessed needs of current and potential customers by conducting surveys, directly communicating, and assessing the data received.
- Developed and analyzed plans for monitoring cost benefits and returns on investments.
In my free time, I enjoy learning about new computer and electronics technology via online journals and offline publications. I also enjoy exercising and spending time at my family’s beach house.
Build Your CV
IT Manager CV Must-Haves
What Does an IT Manager Do?
IT managers are responsible for planning, implementing, and managing information technology projects. They must be highly proficient in a wide range of computer components as well as their software. IT managers often lead analysts and other information technology professionals during the course of a project, so the ability to communicate well is a necessity. Negotiation and mediation skills are also required as IT managers often act as the liaison between business clients and fellow IT professionals. Managers are responsible for ensuring the project meets deadlines, quality standards, and budget projections. A more detailed description of the job can be found in the IT manager CV example.
Tips for Creating a Great IT Manager CV
To create a CV that truly stands out and helps you put your most professional foot forward, implement these guidelines:
– Do include at least five bullet points describing what your duties were at each job. Be sure to highlight duties that offered responsibility within the company.
– Do not include employment from more than 10 years ago, and avoid providing information about why you left a position unless requested during the interview.
– Do fill out your education section with information regarding your degrees, certifications, and licenses. You may also include internships, campus organizations, and other coursework as long as it is relevant to the position.
– Do not provide information about your high school, GPA, or coursework that isn’t relevant to the position.
– Do use your professional summary to sell your best assets and skills. It is the first thing the hiring manager will read and may determine whether the rest of your CV is read.
– Do not forget to proofread. Removing spelling and grammar errors is important if you want to come across as a professional.