Build Your CV
123 Carrolton Ave, New Orleans, LA 11111
E: JWilson@anymail P: 555-555-1010
Engaging, understanding, and knowledgeable technical trainer with over 10 years of experience educating seasoned employees and new hires in the field of information systems and technology. Certified as a general technical trainer and a Microsoft systems trainer. Also adept at teaching users a variety of software programs and technologies. Dynamic communicator with excellent presentation skills, able to translate complex concepts into understandable terms using creative teaching methods. Proven track record of preparing employees to produce quality work across a variety of fields.
- Develop training programs and course materials for company of over 3,000 employees.
- Conduct classroom training sessions, webinars, and informal Q & A sessions for employees across several departments.
- Work with managers to determine employee training needs and develop effective training programs.
- Write and revise handbooks and training manuals to reflect changing training requirements.
- Conduct personnel evaluations and determine expertise, accomplishments, and further training requirements.
- Coordinated with managers and employees in various businesses to determine Microsoft program training goals and needs.
- Developed company- and department-specific training sessions to meet individual training requirements.
- Conducted one-on-one training sessions with managers to teach them how to train their employees in various programs.
- Designed skill evaluation system to determine how much and what kind of required training before and after training sessions.
- Learned company’s proprietary software and designed training program for employees.
- Reviewed and revised training manuals to reflect software updates.
- Created downloadable PowerPoint presentations of all training materials.
I enjoy all manner of sports and outdoor activities, especially those I can do with my family. I coach my daughter’s softball team, and love seeing the girls learn new things about themselves and develop the skills needed to succeed on the field and in life. My wife and I also enjoy getting our daughter out of the city to enjoy nature, especially kayaking in the many rivers and bayous around the state and camping out under the stars.
Build Your CV
Technical Trainer CV Must-Haves
What Does a Technical Trainer Do?
A technical trainer is a specialized kind of educator who focuses on training students or employees to use the technology they’ll need for their careers. Many technical trainers work in the fields of computer science or information technology, but there are also other specific kinds of trainers who work in fields such as biomedical technology, architectural design, and engineering technology. It’s important to use your CV to tell prospective employers what kind of trainer you are and what kinds of technology you’re qualified to teach. Use the included technical trainer CV example and tips as a model for creating your own CV tailored to your specific experience, qualifications, and talents.
Tips for Creating a Great Technical Trainer CV
When writing your technical trainer CV, here are some helpful tips to bear in mind:
– Your Personal Summary is where you get to introduce yourself as an educator and highlight your teaching abilities and experience. Grab a recruiter’s attention with your strongest skills and talents.
– Don’t repeat yourself. If you’ve taught the same software in several job positions, think about how the experience differed from job to job and give specifics of what you accomplished in each position.
– A teacher must be a strong leader, so highlight your leadership abilities and experience.
– Be sure to include all specialized training and certifications you’ve earned, both to demonstrate your qualifications and to show you’re willing to learn new technologies.
– Don’t use passive language to describe your work experience or skills. Active verbs like develop, present, train, and implement are sure to make your experience stand out.