Table of Contents
Featured resume example: builder
Name: NICO DURAN
Address: City, State, Zip Code
Knowledgeable construction professional with many years of experience in the field. Skilled at leading crews and subcontractors to carry out high-quality work in line with budget and schedule demands.
- Subcontractor oversight
- Schedule Management
- Custom cabinetry expert
- Custom design experience
- Budget administration
- Construction supervision
- Electrical knowledge
- Team Leadership
- New construction and renovation
04.2017 – Current
Company Name, City, State
- Delegated assignments based on site plans, project needs and knowledge of individual team members.
- Identified and implemented strategic plans based on accurate readings of specifications and solid collaboration with project leadership.
- Collaborated with management, technical crew members and fellow supervisors to organize efficient site operations and achieve demanding schedule targets.
02.2011 – 11.2016
Company Name, City, State
- Analyzed survey reports, maps, blueprints and other topographical and geologic data lo effectively plan infrastructure and construction projects.
- Supported CIP projects and managed street and pavement projects.
- Controlled engineering activities to maintain work standards, adhere to timelines and meet quality assurance targets.
06/2004 – 05/2007
Company Name, City, State
- Interpreted technical drawings, schematics and computer-generated reports fo make revisions to CAD drawings.
- Consulted with project managers, design consultants and sub-contractors to produce and alter drawings.
- Calculated mathematical formulae to develop and design detailed specifications for components and machinery with computer assistance.
Bachelor of Science: Drafting Technology
Top 4 characteristics of a best-in-class builder resume
- Summary Your summary statement is what expresses your professional experience, skills and accomplishments in a few carefully crafted sentences. Start with an adjective that best describes who you are as a builder, followed by your years of experience. Afterward, summarize your top skills and qualifications relevant to the job you’re applying for. For example: “Focused and solutions-driven Builder with 6 years of experience. Expert in planning, assigning and directing work tasks. Dedicated team player committed to maintaining safe, clean job sites.”
- Skills Tailor your skills to match the job requirements. Include a mix of hard skills (like budgeting, schedule management or electrical knowledge) and soft skills (like team player, detail-oriented or excellent communication).
- Work History The key to nailing this section is to focus on work achievements rather than daily tasks. Use three to five bullet points to highlight your work accomplishments for each job — if you can include quantifiable achievements, even better. Begin each statement with an action verb. For example, “Identified and implemented strategic plans based on accurate readings and increased team productivity by 30%.”
- Education Include your top education credential, along with its name and location. If you have any certifications or completed relevant training, list it as well.
See Why My Perfect Resume is a 5-Star Resume Builder
Find the right template for your resume
Look professional and ready to tackle any challenges with one of our resume templates and our resume builder.
As the name implies, this template features an up-to-date look thanks to its minimalist design, sleek fonts and intelligent spacing.
This layout gives the standard professional resume a fresh spin, featuring a mix of colors for the header, along with crisp fonts and spacing.
This template draws the eye in with its vibrant stripe at the top of the page, the centered personal information, and the clear dividing lines that make organizing your information a breeze.
Builder resume FAQ
1. What format should be used for a builder resume?
There are three standard resume formats and the right one for you will be determined by your years of experience and skill level.
- The chronological format expands on work history and career progression, making it an excellent choice for candidates with plenty of years of builder experience.
- The combination format is great for job-seekers with a couple of years under their belt or people who are changing careers and have skills they can transfer from one job to the other.
- The functional format is ideal for candidates with little to no experience, as it centers your resume around your skills. It helps show the hiring manager that you make up for in your abilities what you lack in experience.
2. What skills should be featured in a builder’s resume?
|Hard skills:||Soft skills:|
|Custom design experience||Problem-solving|
|Electrical knowledge||Excellent communication|
|New construction and renovation||Negotiation|
|Safety and compliance||Leadership|
|Project management||Time management|
|Custom design experience|
|New construction and renovation|
|Safety and compliance|
3. How do you list certifications on a builder’s resume?
You can list your certifications by including them in your education section with a bullet point. Another option you have is to create a custom section for certifications; this is useful if you have several certifications to list.
4. Why is it essential to use keywords in your resume?
Most organizations use ATS filters that typically reject resumes that don’t have enough volume of keywords. It’s essential to read the job description carefully and pick out keywords from the requirements and responsibilities lists. Adding these keywords to your resume will optimize it for database searches and faster shortlisting.
5. Should you include references in your resume?
Including a list of references or even mentioning the phrase “references available upon request” is an outdated trend. Having a separate document with a list of reliable references is still vital to the application process, but most recruiters ask you to submit your references when they want to extend an offer. For more on references, see our article References on Your Resume 101.