Best Copywriting Resume Examples
- 30% higher chance of getting a job
- 42% higher response rate from recruiters
Our customers have been hired at:*Foot Note
Copywriters write copy for a variety of platforms, including websites, advertisements, news outlets, social media and print publications. To have a career in copywriting, you must possess superb written communication skills, marketing acumen, and the ability to persuade a wide audience. You should also have strong active listening and collaboration skills because copywriting requires working with an array of people, such as strategists, marketing managers, designers, production teams and developers.
No matter where you are in your copywriting career, we can help you write a resume to beat the competition and obtain a great copywriting job.
We’ll help you build the perfect copywriting resume or CV and create an effective copywriting cover letter to accompany it. Plus, we offer some great copywriting resume examples, CV examples and cover letter examples to get you started.
Resume examples for top copywriting jobs
Our customer reviews say it best
Copywriting resume FAQ
1. What qualities and skills should I emphasize when writing a copywriting resume?
Hiring managers for copywriting jobs like to see a strong mix of hard and soft skills on a copywriting resume. Recruiters and hiring managers want candidates who work well independently and with others. First, read the job description and match your skills to the job’s requirements,then emphasize attributes like:
- Research skills.
- Editing and proofreading.
- Active listening.
- Critical thinking.
- Detail orientation.
- Time management.
- The ability to deal with stressful scenarios.
2. What is the earning potential for a career in copywriting?
The average salary for a copywriter in the United States is approximately $69,510.00 per year. Top earners can make $133,580.00 per year; entry-level copywriters typically earn around $38,500.00 per year; and senior copywriters average around $101,080.oo per year.
3. What’s the ideal resume format for a copywriting resume?
There are three standard resume formats. The one you choose should depend on your level of work experience and career goals.
- Functional format: Entry-level applicants will benefit from this format. The layout focuses on skills, allowing you to showcase everything you can do.
- Combination format: This format puts the skills and work experience on equal footing. It is a great option if you have a few years of professional experience.
- Chronological format: Ideal for seasoned professionals with many years of experience, this format showcases expertise through a detailed work history section.
How we reviewed this article
Since 2013, we have helped more than 15 million job seekers. We want to make your career journey accessible and manageable through our services and Career Center’s how-to guides and tips. In our commitment to bring you a transparent process, we present our Editorial Process.