Copywriter Resume Example + Salaries, Writing tips and Information
Copywriting work includes writing slogans, captions and audio scripts for advertisements. In addition to superior wordsmithing skills, this role requires creativity, and the ability to deliver a client’s tone and message effectively to the target audience.
Use our resume examples and tips to structure your resume and get the right copywriter job, regardless of your experience.
Table of Contents
Featured Resume Example: Copywriter
Hardworking writing and editing professional proficient in checking and correcting articles, memos, letters and online postings for accuracy and form. Detail-oriented and adept at document management, data entry and administrative support.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATION
- Excellent time management and communication skills.
- Has demonstrated experience proofreading pages/copy as assigned.
- Expert at researching content and grammatical issues to check the accuracy of information.
- Proficient in ProofHQ and other software.
- Researched content and grammatical issues to check the accuracy of information.
- Provided editorial guidance to other departments, including writing teams devoted to th3 delivery of top-quality content.
- Proofread, edited, and evaluated the final copy to verify content aligned with established guidelines.
- Developed and maintained a database of high-quality boilerplate copy, enabling faster service.
- Ability to multitask and focus in a busy work environment.
- Traffic basic editorial projects and processes with project management oversight & maintain naming databases
- Partners with the editorial team to update and maintain style guides/reference tools.
- Work closely with the editorial team, creative project managers, creatives and strategy.
- Experience working with editors, copywriters, and creative marketing teams.
- Technical assistant
- Certified Computer Office Assistant
- Script formatting and proofreading
- Proofreading abilities
Top 4 Characteristics of a Best-in-class Copywriter Resume
- Summary As a copywriter, it’s not enough to say that you created some impressive copy. Give an example of how you achieved results with your work, and the vital part you’ve played in your organization’s success.
- Skills Tailor your copywriter resume to the job description by pinpointing the skills the recruiter is looking for, and including them. Creativity, a strong work ethic, persuasive abilities, an eye for detail and research abilities are some of the crucial traits you can feature.
- Work history Highlight accomplishments most relevant to a copywriter’s profile, and use numbers to demonstrate how these accomplishments contribute to an organization’s success. For example: “Crafted message guidelines and framework for brand content which increased user engagement by 44% in 60 days.”
- Education In addition to university degrees, make note of any programs or additional training you’ve had in communications, journalism, advertising, creative writing or marketing.
See Why My Perfect Resume is a 5-Star Resume Builder
Find the Right Template for Your Resume
Create a resume that has the right look as well as the right content, using these professionally-designed templates.
One of our most popular designs, this template provides a sharp, classic look for your resume with its clean fonts and layout.
With sections clearly defined and labeled, and a simple but effective color border for the header, this template is easy to scan, and an appropriate layout for job seekers across all industries.
This contemporary layout uses a right-justified header and judicious use of spacing to give your resume a fresh look.
Copywriter Resume FAQs
1. What are the skills you should emphasize for this specific job?
In addition to a strong grasp on language, the ability to research any topic and clearly communicate ideas are skills that copywriters should possess in abundance. Copywriters need to write content on a variety of topics, so highlight your versatility and flexibility, as well as your creativity for developing original ideas.
2. What are some examples of training and certifications that fit this specific resume?
Look to gain training in technical writing, digital marketing and interactive media. Courses within advertising, communications, marketing and journalism are also helpful in better preparing you for a greater variety of roles. You should also look into technical writing forums and freelance writing groups, where you can keep up with trends and sharpen your skills.
3. How should you format your resume?
Selecting a resume format that best suits your experience is the essential decision in structuring your resume. Use the chronological resume format to put more emphasis on work experience and achievements, if you have a long job history. If you have strong skill sets and modest work experience, use the functional format, which focuses on your abilities. Remember to create a separate section for your work credits, where you can provide links to samples.
4. How should you use action verbs in your resume?
When describing your work accomplishments, begin each statement with a strong action verb. For example: “Collaborated with the designing team,” “Developed a strategy for a product launch,” or “Boosted consumer awareness.” This makes a stronger impression than using wishy-washy, passive verb constructions such as “was responsible for.” gives your resume a better light than words or phrases like “help.” Some more examples of action verbs you can use:
5. How should you craft your resume if you’re looking to take the next step forward in your career?
If you’re ready to move towards a higher-level copywriting job, design your resume to target the particular role. Thoroughly scan the job description, note required skills that match your own, and highlight them, along with examples of how these skills played a vital role in your significant achievements. Highlight projects where you have taken initiative, or assumed more of a managerial role, with quantifiable statistics that provide a fuller picture of your achievements, e.g., “augmented the landing page conversion rate by 12% in 3 months and increased SEO traffic from 1 to 3 million users monthly in 9 months.”