Top Production Resume Examples
- 30% higher chance of getting a job
- 42% higher response rate from recruiters
Our customers have been hired at:*Foot Note
The production industry provides goods, services and products. Your collaborative nature combined with your manual and technical skills have helped you carved a career in production. It’s time to make a resume to highlight your skills and experience, not to mention your interpersonal skills which set you apart from the candidate pool.
Let us help you build the perfect production resume or CV and create an effective cover letter to match it. Find inspiration in our resume examples, CV examples and cover letter examples to get started.
Resume examples for top production jobs
Our customer reviews say it best
Production resume FAQ
1. What are some common skills required for production jobs?
- Creative problem-solving
- Digital literacy
- Attention to detail
- Programmable logic controller (PLC) knowledge
- Team work
- Assembly and production line
- Safety and OSHA compliance
2. What qualifications and certifications do employers look for in the production industry?
Qualifications vary according to each employer. Most require a high school diploma or equivalent to start a career in production.
A certification can help back your skills and knowledge while honing your craft. These are only a few to consider in the production industry:
- OSHA certification
- Certified Manufacturing Associate (CMfgA) Certification
- Additive Manufacturing Certification
- Robotics in Manufacturing Fundamentals (RMF) Certification
3. What is the salary potential for a production professional?
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the median annual wage for a production professional is $37,710.
Salaries for related occupations are:
- Assemblers and fabricators: $37,170 per year
- Machinists and tool and die makers: $47,940 per year
- Metal and plastic machine workers: $38,040 per year
- Power plant operators, distributors and dispatchers: $94,790 per year
4. What does the career progression for production look like?
The Bureau of Labor Statistics projects a 2% decline in this field. Despite this decrease, there is a projection for 989,900 job openings each year.
5. What’s the ideal format for a production resume?
The perfect resume format for a production role depends on your years of experience. Each format is meant to highlight your strongest, job-relevant skills.
- The functional resume format is ideal for those starting their careers or candidates changing industries, as it focuses on your skills.
- The combination resume format is great for candidates with a few years of experience. This format balances both skills and experience.
- The chronological resume format is the perfect choice for candidates with a decade or more of experience. It highlights their vast experience.
How we reviewed this article
Since 2013, we have helped more than 15 million job seekers. We want to make your career journey accessible and manageable through our services and Career Center’s how-to guides and tips. In our commitment to bring you a transparent process, we present our Editorial Process.
Bureau of Labor Statistics “Protective Services”
Society of Manufacturing Engineers (SME) Certified Manufacturing Associate (CMfgA) Certification
Society of Manufacturing Engineers (SME) Additive Manufacturing Certification
Society of Manufacturing Engineers (SME) Robotics in Manufacturing Fundamentals (RMF) Certification