Nearly every job opportunity requires some work on the candidate’s part to prove suitability for the line of work. Working in the beauty industry is no different, and a hiring manager will typically ask for a CV before considering your application. If you’ve always dreamed of a career in a high-class salon or spa center, you can achieve that if you prepare your CV properly. See how you could present all your skills and qualifications by looking at this beauty advisor CV example.
Build My CV
123 Fake Street, City, State, Zip Code
E: email@example.com P: 000-000-0000
Versatile and skilled cosmetologist with 10 years of experience in the beauty industry. Consummate professional with talents in hair coloring, makeup application, hairstyling, haircutting, nail services, and skin care procedures. Innovative and creative person with a strong background and knowledge of the latest trends and fashions in beauty, makeup, and hair. Easygoing personality to make clients feel comfortable and at ease during their appointment. Dedicated worker with a following of regular customers and an understanding of sales and marketing.
- Strong desire to please clients and amazing ability to deliver top customer service by asking relevant questions and carefully listening to answers.
- Comprehensive understanding of several haircutting, styling, curling, and coloring techniques that help make each client look his or her absolute best.
- Experience working with a variety of diverse customers of all ages and many different hair types and textures.
- Strong knowledge of makeup application, contouring, highlighting, coloring, and other techniques that enhance natural features.
- Skilled and capable at selling products, describing features, and promoting salon activities to help increase profits.
- Style and cut clients’ hair after discussing possible hairstyle options, reviewing client’s face shape, analyzing the texture of the hair, and considering popular styles.
- Recommend specific hair or beauty products to clients based on concerns or physical features, resulting in a 25 percent increase in revenue to the salon.
- Maintain a clean and organized workstation by sweeping up hair and materials after each client, wiping surfaces, and sanitizing styling tools.
- Performed hair and makeup styling services to brides at their wedding location, enhancing their natural features and optimizing their look for photographs.
- Consulted clients before their special event and discussed possible hairstyles and makeup looks that would complement their attire and convey a specific look.
- Named a top hair and makeup professional by the Raleigh Area Chamber of Commerce based on votes from the community.
- Mixed ingredients to create a custom hair color for clients and applied color to achieve a new look, cover gray hairs, or highlight their natural features.
- Applied wax to remove unwanted body hair for clients and shaped eyebrows depending on the shape of the face and the desired look.
- Achieved a strong following of regular clients who needed hair, makeup, or waxing services during tenure at the salon.
During time away from the salon, I volunteer at a community nursing home where I provide beauty, hair, and makeup services to senior citizens for free. While they are sitting in my beauty chair, I enjoy listening to their stories and experiences. Most of all, I enjoy seeing the happiness on their faces when they see their final look.
Build My CV
Beauty Advisor Job Overview and Tips
What Does a Beauty Advisor Do?
The beauty advisor CV example offers candidates a good overview of what important job duties cosmetologists perform each day. Individuals who work in this industry focus on helping clients look their best and feel more confident. Some cosmetologists focus on working with hair. Each day, they cut, style, and color hair for clients. Another type of cosmetologist may deal with applying makeup or skin treatments. These professionals may primarily work for special events, like weddings or proms. There are also beauty advisors who mainly work on performing hair removal services, like waxing or eyebrow threading. Additionally, plenty of cosmetologists are skilled in all these departments and offer a variety of services to their clients. Many salons also expect their staff members to help with selling products.
Tips for Creating a Great Beauty Advisor CV
It’s essential to make yourself seem uniquely qualified to work in the beauty industry. Here are some ways your CV can help you stand out:
– Write about your experience delivering different types of beauty services, like cutting hair, using hair color, completing manicures, waxing unwanted hair, and applying makeup.
– Give details about your customer service skills and explain how you have made customers feel satisfied while assisting them.
– Provide evidence of your ability to sell beauty products in the salon setting, as this may be an important part of your job in the beauty industry.
– Compose a paragraph describing relevant hobbies or interests that give a sense of your personality and passions in life.
– Include plenty of specific details or metrics when discussing your achievements so hiring managers can visualize your past accomplishments and current capabilities.