Build My Resume
E: firstname.lastname@example.org T: 555-555-1111
Experienced Salesforce administrator and developer with six years’ experience. Proficient in coding and programming, experienced in upgrading, modifying, and integrating systems, and skilled in analyzing company processes and developing workflows for business needs. Adept at developing, designing, and testing applications and modules.
- • Programming
• Critical thinking
• Active listener and learner
• Superior decision-making and judgment
• Complex problem-solving
• Advanced writing and speaking aptitude
• Lead team of onsite and offshore developers.
• Gather requirements and create functional requirement for key projects.
• Configure validation rules, custom labels, workflows, custom settings, permissions, and profiles.
• Create web services to integrate internal systems.
• Generate reports and design dashboards for management team.
• Implement pick lists, lookups, master detail relationships, and record types to ensure data quality.
• Work with code to access information and execute dynamic database queries.
• Supported 250 users in five countries.
• Performed data maintenance.
• Created custom code to enhance security and facilitate reporting.
• Designed and implemented dashboards and tailored reports for sales and finance groups.
• Improved data visibility and system integration.
• Administered and managed email marketing metrics analysis and reporting.
• Configured workflow rules, custom objects, and approval processes.
• Designed standardized sales process used by sales and marketing teams.
• Implemented new tools to improve lead quality and marketing efforts.
• Created reports and dashboards based on each geographical sales region for analytics purposes.
• Cleaned duplicate data and defined parameters to ensure data integrity.
• Audited data quality and user training.
• Trained sales and marketing teams on Salesforce usage.
• Researched applications that would benefit teams.
Build My Resume
15 Tips to Write Your Salesforce Developer Resume
1. When stating the number of years of experience, use “years of experience” or “years’ experience,” not “years experience.” The Salesforce developer resume template for Word shows a good example of how to state this.
2. Standalone objective statements are no longer recommended unless you are switching careers or seeking either an entry-level or a higher position.
3. The summary statement acts as a brief elevator pitch to your prospective employer, so keep it down to three paragraphs or bullet points.
4. Use sentence fragments, not whole sentences, and avoid using third-person writing.
5. Use keywords and phrases drawn from the job description in this section, particularly ones relevant to your target industry.
6. Do not write full sentences in this section; instead, write in short phrases without ending in periods.
7. List only the skills that apply to the position you’re seeking.
Work Experience Section
8. List your work history in reverse chronological order, beginning with the most recent position and going backwards from there.
9. Show the dates of employment, either with the year only or both the month and the year, but be consistent. The Salesforce developer resume template for Word uses the years only.
10. Use bullet points instead of paragraphs to describe your experience, starting each with a powerful action verb. Write in past tense for former positions and present tense for current positions.
11. Include numbers and quantifiable metrics when possible.
12. Use five to eight bullet points per position.
13. Mention Greek honors, such as summa cum laude, magna cum laude, or cum laude, in your education entries. There is no need to include GPAs unless you are a recent college graduate. See the Salesforce developer resume template for Word to see how this is handled.
14. Leave out irrelevant info, such as your high school education if you already possess a college degree, or your year of graduation, unless it’s to explain a gap in your employment history.
15. List certifications and licenses in this section, as well as ongoing professional development courses, seminars, trainings, and relevant internships or coursework, particularly if the education is recent or in progress.
Recruiters and hiring managers from prospective employers look for resumes that successfully showcase marketable skills and accomplishments. With an understanding of these resume-writing strategies, you’ll get closer to scoring an interview and landing a new job. This Salesforce developer template for Word provide best practices, formatting advice, and other writing tips, which you can use to make your resume stand out. Be sure to use key words and phrases from the job description so that you make each resume you submit unique.