Salesforce Administrator Resume Guide + Tips + Example
- 30% higher chance of getting a job
- 42% higher response rate from recruiters
Our customers have been hired at:*Foot Note
A great job as a Salesforce administrator demands the best Salesforce administrator resume. Not sure what that looks like? Don’t worry! We’re here to help you create one. Our guide to crafting an effective resume for a Salesforce administrator job will help you make the most of your business acumen and interpersonal skills so you can write a professional Salesforce administrator resume.
Start by editing this sample resume for a Salesforce administrator job or explore our library of customizable resume templates to find the perfect resume template for a Salesforce administrator job.
Salesforce administrator resume example (text version)
Boring, OR 97009
555 555 555
Successful Salesforce administrator committed to ensuring that networks using the salesforce.com platform and other tools run smoothly and effectively. Strong understanding of database design and data modeling with excellent troubleshooting skills. Smart and committed to staying up to date with new technologies and advancements.
- Data profiling
- Defect tracking
- Technical writing
- Enterprise application integration
- Data quality assurance
- Process mapping
- Data validation
- Product development
June 2021 – Current
Parsons Corporation – Garber, OR
April 2018 – November 2020
Blackburn Group Inc. – East Aurora, OR
April 2015 – June 2017
Larson Design Group – Eugene, OR
Application Data Processor
- Identified and documented detailed business rules and use cases based on requirements analysis.
- Documented business workflows for stakeholder review.
- Improved data collection through the implementation of organizational subsystems, boosting functionality by 40%.
- Made and tested modifications to database structure when needed.
- Maintained databases and updated permissions.
- Merged old databases into new ones, improving data access for an average of 20,000 accounts.
- Collaborated with the IT department and outside IT consultants offering website integration, hand-held bar code scanning, tablets, web-based timekeeping, off-site timekeeping, warehouse distribution and point-of-sales software.
- Worked with 10 clients to analyze computing and network needs and installed appropriate solutions within each organization’s budget.
- Transformed project data requirements into project data models.
Oregon State University Corvallis, OR
Bachelor of Science Computer Systems Analysis
5 essentials of a top resume for a Salesforce administrator
Add your contact information to the top of your resume so hiring managers can contact you. As our Salesforce administrator sample resume shows, your contact information must include your full name, city, state, ZIP code, phone number and professional email address. If you have a LinkedIn profile and a professional website, add them last.
A professional summary, also known as a personal statement, is a concise, three- to five-sentence statement that tells the hiring manager who you are and what you offer. Your Salesforce administrator professional summary must include relevant skills and one or two notable accomplishments. It should also touch on how long you’ve been in the industry. If you are just starting out in your career, it’s better to write a resume objective instead.
Create a skills section for your Salesforce administrator resume so hiring managers can see if your skill set matches their needs. A Salesforce administrator resume template will have a separate section for your skills in a bulleted list. As our sample Salesforce administrator resume shows, it’s best to include hard and soft skills, such as budgeting and friendliness.
As our Salesforce administrator sample resume shows, your resume must include a work history section, even if this is your first professional job. In reverse-chronological order, display your current and previous employers and provide company names, locations and the dates you worked for them. Include three bullet points of measurable achievements for every job you list.
A resume for a Salesforce administrator job must also include an education section. In reverse-chronological order, show the name of the schools and the years that you graduated using bullet points. If you did not attend college, then list your high school information and the classes or training you’ve taken since graduating. If you come from an apprenticeship, then list it here.
See why My Perfect Resume is a 5-star resume builder
Do’s and don’ts for building a Salesforce administrator resume
- Use measurable achievements to describe your Salesforce administrator skills and experience.
- Use action words to make an impact on your Salesforce administrator resume.
- Tailor your resume to your target Salesforce administrator job.
- Use keywords from the job description throughout your Salesforce administrator resume.
- Format your Salesforce administrator resume so that it is easy to read by ATS software and human eyes.
- Lie about your Salesforce administrator experience and skills.
- Boast that you’re the “best Salesforce administrator ever.”
- Include irrelevant personal information such as your ethnicity and age.
- Add skills and experience that are about something other than restaurant service.
- Forget to proofread. A Salesforce administrator resume with errors is unprofessional.
Top 4 tips for acing a Salesforce administrator interview
It’s vital to take the time to learn about the institution or company’s history, goals, values and people before the interview. Doing so conveys interest, passion and commitment — traits that can set you above the competition.
Practice your answers.
Practice is really important. Be sure to practice for your interview by reviewing the most common interview questions, such as:
- How Do You Determine Priorities When Scheduling Your Time?
- When Given an Important Assignment How Do You Approach It?
- What Two or Three Things Are Most Important to You in Your Job?
And some possible behavioral questions such as:
- Describe a Time When You Had to Cope With a Stressful Scenario.
- How Would Your Boss Describe You?
- What Are Three Positive Character Traits You Don’t Have?
Write down two or three possible answers for each question, then practice answering them with a friend.
Prepare questions to ask during the interview.
After the hiring manager and potential colleagues question you, they will likely offer for you to ask them some questions. Always have at least three for each person you speak with; doing so shows that you’re interested and have been paying close attention.
Some questions you might ask for a Salesforce administrator job are:
- What is a typical day like at the office?
- Can you tell me about the challenges the last person in this role had to overcome?
- What is the work culture like?
Have professional references ready during your interview. It comes in handy, especially if the hiring manager offers you the job on the spot. Make a list of two former colleagues and a former manager willing to speak highly about your Salesforce administrator abilities.