Table of Contents
Featured resume example: salesforce administrator
Name: DEVIN VANG
Address: City, State, Zip Code
Successful Salesforce Administrator committed to ensuring that networks using the salesforce.com platform and other tools run smoothly and effectively to better support the sales and customer success teams and the entire business.
Company Name, City, StateI
- dentified and documented detailed business rules and use cases based on requirements analysis.
- Documented business workflows for stakeholder review.
- Improved data collection through implementation of organizational subsystems
Company Name, City, State
- Make and test modifications to database structure when needed.
- Maintain databases and update permissions.
- Merge old databases into new ones.
Company Name, City, State
- Collaborated with outside IT consultants and IT department to
convert to new software offering website integration,hand-held bar code scanning, tablets, web-based timekeeping, off-site timekeeping, warehouse distribution and point of sale software.
- Worked with clients to analyze computing and network needs and installed appropriate solutions within each organization’s budget.
- Transformed project data requirements into project data models
Parsons Corporation – Salesforce
Garber, OR • 06/2018 – Current
Larson Design Group
Application Data Processor
04/2013 – 07/2015
Bachelor of Science:
Computer Systems Analysis,City, State
Top 4 characteristics of a best-in-class salesforce administrator resume
- Summary Feature your best traits and work experiences in a few short sentences. Lead off with relevant skills such as project management and pair up these skills with an appropriate job title. For example: “Talented Salesforce Administrator with 3 years of expertise and extensive knowledge of Salesforce integration.” Then mention a skill that shows your suitability for the position. For example: “Proficient in a diverse range of development languages.”
- Skills Scan the requirements for the job, and address key phrases that match your strengths, such as “subscription-based (SaaS) environments” and “process documentation.” Be sure to feature technical skills such as research and analysis, and useful intangible skills such as creativity and customer relationship management.
- Work History Rather than mentioning daily tasks, highlight major achievements and milestones, using active verbs to describe your accomplishments. For example: “Enhanced availability of infrastructure through enterprise-wide planning, testing, and efficient support” leaves a better impression than stating “Was responsible for increasing the availability of infrastructure.”
- Education Along with your top academic credentials (e.g., college degree), feature your training or certifications in related areas such as Sales Cloud Consultation Certification, or a Salesforce Classic Administrator Certification.
See Why My Perfect Resume is a 5-Star Resume Builder
Find the right template for your resume
Create a resume that stands out, using these professionally designed resume templates.
This effective layout blends subtle colors and elegant fonts to make your resume stand out. The streamlined layout makes it easy for you to customize your skills and experience sections.
This easy-to-read layout utilizes shaded section headers and an eye-catching font, making for quick navigation.
This clean, classic resume design arranges section headings in the left margin with a strong graphical treatment.
Salesforce administrator resume FAQ
1. What are the skills you should list on a salesforce administrator’s resume?
Apart from keywords you should pull from the job posting mention these types of skills in your resume:
|Hard skills:||Soft skills:|
|Data analysis||Excellent communication skills|
|Performance monitoring||Multitasking ability|
|Research and analysis||Analytical skills|
|Database design||Openness to feedback|
|Best practices documentation||Ability to work under pressure|
|Research and analysis|
|Best practices documentation|
|Excellent communication skills|
|Openness to feedback|
|Ability to work under pressure|
2. How should you format your resume?
Since a salesforce administrator tends to be a mid-level position, use the combination format, which showcases both your professional skills and as well as your pertinent work experiences. If you’re applying to a job that requires more experience, use the chronological format, which showcases your work history and gives you more space to document your career growth.
3. How do I include keywords in my resume?
Look for words and phrases in the job posting that define what the job needs, such as the ability to deliver complex business requirements, identifying issues within databases, and troubleshooting. Then feature qualifications and experiences in your resume that answer these needs. For example, you could list “Database troubleshooting” in your skill section, or “Experienced with developing and delivering complex business requirements” in your summary statement. Doing so will not only help get you past employers looking for these qualifications, but also applicant tracking systems (ATS) that employers use to scan resumes for keywords.
4. What are some certifications and training that are ideal for this resume?
To grab employers’ attention, look to get and feature credentials like the following in your education section:
- Salesforce Sales Cloud Consultant Certification
- Salesforce Classic Administrator Certification
5. How should you craft your resume if you’re looking to take the next step forward in your career?
Keep these points in mind as you update your resume and continue to climb the Salesforce administration ladder:
- Continue to successfully complete projects involving database design and troubleshooting, and document how they’ve improved company performance and revenue.
- Continue to hone your business skills and knowledge with business management and marketing training.
- Gain more examples of working in close coordination with project management staff on database development timelines.
- Get relevant certifications and training in related areas, such as project management and CRM administration.