Salesforce Administrator Resume Guide + Tips + Example
A great job as a Salesforce administrator demands the best Salesforce administrator resume. Not sure what that looks like? Don’t worry! We’re here to help you create one. Our guide to crafting an effective resume for a Salesforce administrator job will help you make the most of your business acumen and interpersonal skills so you can write a professional Salesforce administrator resume.
Start by editing this sample resume for a Salesforce administrator job or explore our library of customizable resume templates to find the perfect resume template for a Salesforce administrator job.
More Resume examples for the next step in your data systems administration career
Salesforce administrator resume example (text version)
Boring, OR 97009
555 555 555
Successful Salesforce administrator committed to ensuring that networks using the salesforce.com platform and other tools run smoothly and effectively. Strong understanding of database design and data modeling with excellent troubleshooting skills. Smart and committed to staying up to date with new technologies and advancements.
- Data profiling
- Defect tracking
- Technical writing
- Enterprise application integration
- Data quality assurance
- Process mapping
- Data validation
- Product development
June 2021 – Current
Parsons Corporation – Garber, OR
April 2018 – November 2020
Blackburn Group Inc. – East Aurora, OR
April 2015 – June 2017
Larson Design Group – Eugene, OR
Application Data Processor
- Identified and documented detailed business rules and use cases based on requirements analysis.
- Documented business workflows for stakeholder review.
- Improved data collection through the implementation of organizational subsystems, boosting functionality by 40%.
- Made and tested modifications to database structure when needed.
- Maintained databases and updated permissions.
- Merged old databases into new ones, improving data access for an average of 20,000 accounts.
- Collaborated with the IT department and outside IT consultants offering website integration, hand-held bar code scanning, tablets, web-based timekeeping, off-site timekeeping, warehouse distribution and point-of-sales software.
- Worked with 10 clients to analyze computing and network needs and installed appropriate solutions within each organization’s budget.
- Transformed project data requirements into project data models.
Oregon State University Corvallis, OR
Bachelor of Science Computer Systems Analysis
5 essentials of a top resume for a Salesforce administrator
Add your contact information to the top of your resume so hiring managers can contact you. As our Salesforce administrator sample resume shows, your contact information must include your full name, city, state, ZIP code, phone number and professional email address. If you have a LinkedIn profile and a professional website, add them last.
A professional summary, also known as a personal statement, is a concise, three- to five-sentence statement that tells the hiring manager who you are and what you offer. Your Salesforce administrator professional summary must include relevant skills and one or two notable accomplishments. It should also touch on how long you’ve been in the industry. If you are just starting out in your career, it’s better to write a resume objective instead.
Create a skills section for your Salesforce administrator resume so hiring managers can see if your skill set matches their needs. A Salesforce administrator resume template will have a separate section for your skills in a bulleted list. As our sample Salesforce administrator resume shows, it’s best to include hard and soft skills, such as budgeting and friendliness.
As our Salesforce administrator sample resume shows, your resume must include a work history section, even if this is your first professional job. In reverse-chronological order, display your current and previous employers and provide company names, locations and the dates you worked for them. Include three bullet points of measurable achievements for every job you list.
A resume for a Salesforce administrator job must also include an education section. In reverse-chronological order, show the name of the schools and the years that you graduated using bullet points. If you did not attend college, then list your high school information and the classes or training you’ve taken since graduating. If you come from an apprenticeship, then list it here.
See why My Perfect Resume is a 5-star resume builder
Action words for a stand-out Salesforce administrator resume
Use action words and numbers to make your descriptions compelling.
Here’s a short list of perfect action words for a Salesforce administrator resume:
Browse through our library of resume samples to find an inspiring example of a Salesforce administrator resume.
Need the perfect resume for a Salesforce administrator job now? Our Resume Builder has all the tools you need to create a professional resume in minutes! We’ll help you fill in your template. Then you can make edits on the fly, download your finished resume, save it in multiple file formats and send it to your target employer. It’s that easy!
Top skills for a Salesforce administrator resume
Review the job description closely and match the required skills to your skill set.
A Salesforce administrator skills for a resume might include the following:
- Project management
- Interpersonal skills
- Verbal communication
- Written communication
- Customer service
- Time management
- Written communication
- Business operations
Certifications for a Salesforce administrator resume
A certification is not required to work as a Salesforce administrator, but having at least one certificate can put you ahead of the pack. Hiring managers will be impressed with your industry, in-depth knowledge and passion for your profession.
Certification options for Salesforce administrators include:
- Certified Service Cloud Consultant
- Certified CPQ Specialist
- Certified Platform Developer
Salesforce administrator resume FAQ
1. What does a Salesforce administrator resume look like?
There is no standard resume template for a Salesforce administrator resume; you can use any of our templates and customize them for your desired job. A good resume for a Salesforce administrator will look like the sample resume for a Salesforce administrator on this page. It must display the job seeker’s contact information, hard and soft skills, job history, education and certifications, if applicable. A Salesforce administrator resume might also contain sections for awards and honors if the job candidate has them to display.
2. What are some tips for creating an excellent resume for a Salesforce administrator job?
A Salesforce administrator resume will vary from person to person, but pay attention to these resume writing basics:
- Keep your resume short and to the point. If you have less than 10 years of experience, it should be one page long; if you have more than 10 years of experience, then it’s acceptable to have no more than two pages.
- Ensure your resume is formatted correctly, meaning margins should be one inch on all sides and line space should be single or 1.5 inches.
- Only use appropriate fonts, like Times New Roman, Arial or Helvetica, in 11-12 points on the body and 14-16 points on headers.
- Proofread your resume more than once before sending it to potential employers.
3. What is the best resume format for a Salesforce administrator?
The format you choose will depend on your experience and career goals. If you have some experience, try a chronological resume, focusing on your work history and accomplishments. If you have a few years of experience and want to stress your full array of skills, a combination resume format could work well, but if you’re new to the field, then a functional resume is your best bet.
4. What if I have no previous professional experience?
On your Salesforce administrator resume, highlight any past academic or extracurricular activities, skills and experience that show that you can be a good fit for the job, such as leading a class project or community endeavor. These activities should depict your ability to produce work professionally and efficiently. In your summary, emphasize critical intangible skills that apply to the job, such as your time management and problem-solving skills.
Do’s and don’ts for building a Salesforce administrator resume
- Use measurable achievements to describe your Salesforce administrator skills and experience.
- Use action words to make an impact on your Salesforce administrator resume.
- Tailor your resume to your target Salesforce administrator job.
- Use keywords from the job description throughout your Salesforce administrator resume.
- Format your Salesforce administrator resume so that it is easy to read by ATS software and human eyes.
- Lie about your Salesforce administrator experience and skills.
- Boast that you’re the “best Salesforce administrator ever.”
- Include irrelevant personal information such as your ethnicity and age.
- Add skills and experience that are about something other than restaurant service.
- Forget to proofread. A Salesforce administrator resume with errors is unprofessional.
Top 4 tips for acing a Salesforce administrator interview
It’s vital to take the time to learn about the institution or company’s history, goals, values and people before the interview. Doing so conveys interest, passion and commitment — traits that can set you above the competition.
Practice your answers.
Practice is really important. Be sure to practice for your interview by reviewing the most common interview questions, such as:
- How Do You Determine Priorities When Scheduling Your Time?
- When Given an Important Assignment How Do You Approach It?
- What Two or Three Things Are Most Important to You in Your Job?
And some possible behavioral questions such as:
- Describe a Time When You Had to Cope With a Stressful Scenario.
- How Would Your Boss Describe You?
- What Are Three Positive Character Traits You Don’t Have?
Write down two or three possible answers for each question, then practice answering them with a friend.
Prepare questions to ask during the interview.
After the hiring manager and potential colleagues question you, they will likely offer for you to ask them some questions. Always have at least three for each person you speak with; doing so shows that you’re interested and have been paying close attention.
Some questions you might ask for a Salesforce administrator job are:
- What is a typical day like at the office?
- Can you tell me about the challenges the last person in this role had to overcome?
- What is the work culture like?
Have professional references ready during your interview. It comes in handy, especially if the hiring manager offers you the job on the spot. Make a list of two former colleagues and a former manager willing to speak highly about your Salesforce administrator abilities.