Construction Laborer Cover Letter Example + Tips
Think of the cover letter as your place and time to add value to your work resume and application. A well-written cover letter that applies to the construction industry and shows your qualifications will draw positive attention from the hiring manager. Check out this free construction laborer cover letter sample to get ideas on how to best write your document. The writing tips that follow can further help you make a great introduction.
Dear Mr. Prescott,
I enjoy working with my hands and doing tasks on construction jobsites. I believe my skills, experience, and work ethic make me an ideal candidate for your open construction laborer position at the Build Right Company.
In high school I had the opportunity to take two semesters of on-the-job apprentice training in the construction field. I received a lot of positive feedback from my instructors about my desire to work hard and my ability to learn new things quickly. I assisted the craft in everything from lifting building materials into position to sorting electrical wiring to enable it to be installed.
Now that I have graduated from high school, I would like to take this positive experience and turn it into my line of work. In addition to my job training, I also took vocational classes in mechanics and applied mathematics.
I look forward to speaking with you soon about this position. I will be a hardworking addition to your work crew. Thank you for consideration.
Check out our 5-star reviews
Industry Specific Skills to Include
In addition to the examples in the free construction laborer cover letter sample, here are some specific skills to include that may make your letter even more relevant to the construction industry.
● Physical strength and stamina: Laborers regularly lift construction materials that are over 50 pounds. In addition, they are required to be on their feet throughout their shift.
● Color vision: The ability to distinguish colors is helpful in various construction trades, especially when you are assisting electricians with different colors of wire.
● Mechanical skills: Knowledge of tools and machinery is a plus for jobs that involve operating equipment.
● Mathematical skills: Practical math skills in measurement and calculation will come in handy on a construction job site.
● Punctuality: Clients want jobs finished on schedule, and managers want employees who will show up on time.
Cover Letter Examples by Industry
Taking the first step toward writing a cover letter can be scary, especially if you’re unsure about what to focus on for a particular line of work. Browse our collection of industry-specific cover letter samples and learn about what to zero in on your cover letter!