Think of the cover letter as your place and time to add value to your work resume and application. A well-written cover letter that applies to the construction industry and shows your qualifications will draw positive attention from the hiring manager. Check out this free construction laborer cover letter sample to get ideas on how to best write your document. The writing tips that follow can further help you make a great introduction.
What to Include in a Construction Laborer Cover Letter
It is to your advantage to include language that includes keywords from the job description. This implies dedication and shows contractors that you’ve done your research and know what to expect. Also, follow the example in the free construction laborer cover letter sample and never write document that is longer than one page. Keep the language straightforward and professional, and refer to highlights of your experience and skills. Finally, address the reader by name, and end with a thank you.
Industry Specific Skills to Include
In addition to the examples in the free construction laborer cover letter sample, here are some specific skills to include that may make your letter even more relevant to the construction industry.
• Physical strength and stamina: Laborers regularly lift construction materials that are over 50 pounds. In addition, they are required to be on their feet throughout their shift.
• Color vision: The ability to distinguish colors is helpful in various construction trades, especially when you are assisting electricians with different colors of wire.
• Mechanical skills: Knowledge of tools and machinery is a plus for jobs that involve operating equipment.
• Mathematical skills: Practical math skills in measurement and calculation will come in handy on a construction job site.
• Punctuality: Clients want jobs finished on schedule, and managers want employees who will show up on time.