When you apply to potential employers, you want to stand out from the other applicants. Therefore, it is important to make sure your curriculum vitae is as strong as possible. Using our Cisco network engineer CV examples can help you understand what you need to do to improve this document. Learn what to list under your work experience and education, and know which skills employers want to see. Use the tips to tighten up your CV and get the most out of each section.
123 Fake Street, City, State, Zip Code
E: email@example.com P: 000-000-0000
Expert engineer with years of experience maintaining and improving network system security. Certified to work with Cisco systems. Effective communicator who works closely with colleagues to understand and implement security needs. Dedicated professional who finds creative solutions to prevent network security breaches. Excellent manager who encourages teamwork and ensures engineering staff have the necessary resources to maintain networks.
- Excellent deductive reasoning, allowing me to fix all network problems.
- Active listening to ensure network security meets company needs.
- Skilled in network security, administration, and operating system software.
- Detailed understanding of processors and circuit boards.
- Exceptional communication skills to keep all engineers informed.
- Solid background in network systems.
- Firm ability to cooperate even with strict time constraints.
- Proficient with network analyzers and servers.
- Lead team of network engineers to maintain system security.
- Determine network access across company.
- Evaluate costs of implementing network strategies.
- Create software to improve security.
- Record system updates.
- Encourage creative solutions to network problems.
- Oversee projects to ensure they are finished in a timely manner.
- Train engineers on new network software.
- Ran diagnostics to determine source of network errors.
- Collaborated with colleagues to create effective system security.
- Trained engineers on new technology and security strategies.
- Recorded system updates and activities.
- Implemented network improvements.
- Analyzed systems to identify and perform needed maintenance.
- Monitored network security for data breaches.
- Communicated with colleagues about network security requirements.
- Applied new information and techniques to security strategies.
- Identified potential problems and brainstormed solutions.
- Set up backup data storage.
- Studied new applications for network systems.
I enjoy reading technical journals to stay informed of new network security strategies, and also work with software outside the office to find useful tools. Outside of work, I love spending time with my family and like to take them canoeing and camping. I am one of the leaders of my son’s Cub Scout troop. Additionally, I enjoy bowling with my bowling league and occasionally travel for tournaments.
Questions for Your Cisco Network Engineer CV
What does a good Cisco network engineer CV look like?
Statistics from ONET project an increase of up to 9% in computer networking professional jobs between now and 2026. As seen in this Cisco network engineer CV sample, a curriculum vitae with a well-organized, clean layout will give you an edge over other jobseekers in the coming decade.
You need to create a different version of your CV for each new job posting, working in keywords and phrases from the posting’s text that match your own qualifications. Remember that you can easily produce a customized, professional-looking document with our CV builder, packed with the perfect tools and industry-specific text examples.
How should you structure your Cisco network engineer CV?
As demonstrated in this Cisco network engineer CV sample, you need clearly labeled sections that draw the eye to pertinent content. Opt for standard CV template headers such as “Professional Summary,” “Skills,” “Work Experience,” “Education,” and “Hobbies and Interests” Make sure you use a consistent system in each section for dates, company and institution names, locations, and position or degree titles. Finally, job responsibilities and achievements should include dynamic action verbs and appear in bulleted phrases.
An attractive structure makes effective use of space on the page. For conservative tech industry employers, it can also signal that you’re a good fit for the company’s culture. Moreover, your document has a greater chance of successfully making it through an applicant tracking system, which scans resumes and CVs for relevant keywords from the job posting and then forwards documents that pass to the hiring manager.
How many skills should you put on a Cisco network engineer CV?
There isn’t a hard-and-fast rule for how many skills you should list on a curriculum vitae, but you want to ensure you keep the content of this section relevant to the job you’re seeking. That means proficiencies mentioned in the job posting, plus others typically valued in your industry. Should this section of your CV start to become lengthy, consider breaking it into explicit categories such as hardware, operating systems, or network applications and labeling each with a subheading.
What technical skills should you put on a Cisco network engineer CV?
As mentioned, you want to tailor your skills section to match each unique job. Depending on the job posting, you may include items such as cybersecurity tools, VPN management, server administration, equipment installation, and network monitoring applications. Your list should skew more toward hard skills, but you can boost your chances by working in some essential soft skills from the job description. Some of the most valued traits in your field include critical thinking, active listening, and communication.
How do you list certifications on your Cisco network engineer CV?
Most jobseekers choose one of two methods to incorporate their certifications on a curriculum vitae: either as a separate section labeled “Certifications,” or under the education section, as in this Cisco network engineer CV sample. Either way, be sure to list the full name of each industry-pertinent certification you mention, along with the year you earned it.
Cisco Network Engineer CV Must-Haves
What Does a Cisco Network Engineer Do?
Cisco network engineers work with internet and local area network systems to keep them working correctly. This position may also be referred to as network specialist or network engineer. You do much of your work with computers and software and fix any problems which arise. Typical tasks include backing up data, preventing data breaches, and ensuring that the appropriate people have access to different networks. You also record network maintenance and write software functions. Additionally, you may work closely with other departments to ensure that the network systems meet the needs of the company. Because you need to be an expert with computer systems and programs, it is important to stress your expertise in this area as well as your ability to work well with other parts of the company. You can understand which skills you need to emphasize by looking at the Cisco network engineer CV example.
Tips for Creating a Great Cisco Network Engineer CV
As you prepare your CV, keep the following tips in mind:
- Demonstrate your accomplishments with metrics. Explain how many network systems you have managed or how much money you have saved a company through different management strategies.
- Do not list only your previous job responsibilities. List your achievements, and use strong action verbs, such as “directed” or “managed”, to begin your bullet points.
- Use your interests to demonstrate who you are outside of work, and list the skills that make you a valuable asset to any company.
- Double-check your formatting and proofread for typos before sending out your CV. Make sure you list the correct contact information. Set up a new email account if you are using your old work email.
- If you are just beginning your career, use your education and training to show you have experience relevant to the field. List coursework and internships, as well as any relevant certifications.
We can help you build your professional CV
- Professionally designed and formatted templates
- Expert suggestions for filling out every section of your CV, customized by job title
- Easily create different versions of your CV, customized for different jobs