Build Your CV
725 Wayward Lane, Fort Worth, TX 11111
E: markadams@anymail P: 555-555-1234
Expert engineer with years of experience maintaining and improving network system security. Certified to work with Cisco systems. Effective communicator who works closely with colleagues to understand and implement security needs. Dedicated professional who finds creative solutions to prevent network security breaches. Excellent manager who encourages teamwork and ensures engineering staff have the necessary resources to maintain networks.
- Excellent deductive reasoning, allowing me to fix all network problems.
- Active listening to ensure network security meets company needs.
- Skilled in network security, administration, and operating system software.
- Detailed understanding of processors and circuit boards.
- Exceptional communication skills to keep all engineers informed.
- Solid background in network systems.
- Firm ability to cooperate even with strict time constraints.
- Proficient with network analyzers and servers.
- Lead team of network engineers to maintain system security.
- Determine network access across company.
- Evaluate costs of implementing network strategies.
- Create software to improve security.
- Record system updates.
- Encourage creative solutions to network problems.
- Oversee projects to ensure they are finished in a timely manner.
- Train engineers on new network software.
- Ran diagnostics to determine source of network errors.
- Collaborated with colleagues to create effective system security.
- Trained engineers on new technology and security strategies.
- Recorded system updates and activities.
- Implemented network improvements.
- Analyzed systems to identify and perform needed maintenance.
- Monitored network security for data breaches.
- Communicated with colleagues about network security requirements.
- Applied new information and techniques to security strategies.
- Identified potential problems and brainstormed solutions.
- Set up backup data storage.
- Studied new applications for network systems.
I enjoy reading technical journals to stay informed of new network security strategies, and also work with software outside the office to find useful tools. Outside of work, I love spending time with my family and like to take them canoeing and camping. I am one of the leaders of my son’s Cub Scout troop. Additionally, I enjoy bowling with my bowling league and occasionally travel for tournaments.
Build Your CV
Cisco Network Engineer CV Must-Haves
What Does a Cisco Network Engineer Do?
Cisco network engineers work with internet and local area network systems to keep them working correctly. This position may also be referred to as network specialist or network engineer. You do much of your work with computers and software and fix any problems which arise. Typical tasks include backing up data, preventing data breaches, and ensuring that the appropriate people have access to different networks. You also record network maintenance and write software functions. Additionally, you may work closely with other departments to ensure that the network systems meet the needs of the company. Because you need to be an expert with computer systems and programs, it is important to stress your expertise in this area as well as your ability to work well with other parts of the company. You can understand which skills you need to emphasize by looking at the Cisco network engineer CV example.
Tips for Creating a Great Cisco Network Engineer CV
As you prepare your CV, keep the following tips in mind:
– Demonstrate your accomplishments with metrics. Explain how many network systems you have managed or how much money you have saved a company through different management strategies.
– Do not list only your previous job responsibilities. List your achievements, and use strong action verbs, such as “directed” or “managed”, to begin your bullet points.
– Use your interests to demonstrate who you are outside of work, and list the skills that make you a valuable asset to any company.
– Double-check your formatting and proofread for typos before sending out your CV. Make sure you list the correct contact information. Set up a new email account if you are using your old work email.
– If you are just beginning your career, use your education and training to show you have experience relevant to the field. List coursework and internships, as well as any relevant certifications.