Build Your CV
543 E. Oak Street , Colorado Springs, CO 22222
E: email@example.com P: 555-555-7878
Skilled civil engineer with eight years of experience in a variety of engineering aspects. Professional presence with ability to work independently with very little supervision. Motivated individual who is committed to delivering the highest quality service in challenging environments. Focused on environmental, safety, and health issues.
- Excellent critical thinking skills to identify alternative approaches and solutions to complex problems.
- Strong ability to manage material resources in order to determine appropriate use of facilities and equipment.
- Skilled in coordinating projects and keeping all parties on the same path in order to stay on schedule.
- Good negotiation skills when coordinating between clients and management.
- Strong ability to communicate by listening and asking the right questions as well as writing effective reports.
- Experience with analytical and scientific software, such as Minitab and MathWorks MATLAB.
- Ability to identify system performance indicators and the appropriate actions necessary to correct performance in order to keep project goals on track.
- Manage the operations and construction of multiple project sites.
- Provide technical guidance regarding structural repairs, construction, and design.
- Use computer-assisted drawing tools to design structures and transportation systems.
- Train new employees to supervise projects in order to expand the company.
- Directed activities to ensure compliance with environmental regulations.
- Analyzed manufacturing byproducts to discover engineering solutions to reduce the output of pollutants.
- Designed systems to dispose of biological and chemical toxic waste material.
- Tested soils and different materials to determine the strength of steel, asphalt, and foundations.
- Assessed job tasks to identify potential risks and applied mitigation techniques to improve workplace safety.
- Estimated the needs and costs of equipment and materials to determine project budgets.
- Prepared reports on deeds, bid proposals, and environmental impact statements.
- Analyzed maps, survey reports, and aerial photography to determine project direction.
There are a variety of hobbies and interests that fill my spare time. I love working with computers in different capacities, and I also enjoy spending time in my wood shop. My love of the outdoors includes day-long hikes and cycling trips on the weekends, and my interest in the environment leads to multiple volunteer opportunities in the community.
Build Your CV
Civil Engineer CV Must-Haves
What Does a Civil Engineer Do?
A civil engineer designs, supervises, and builds construction-related projects in the private and public sector. Some of the projects include buildings, roads, bridges, tunnels, sewage treatment systems, and water supply systems. Some civil engineer positions are mainly hands-on out in the field while others may have a more administrative approach, such as communicating with clients and interacting with computer data. Civil engineers use analytical approaches to solve problems, and they also must have good communication skills. Because of this, your civil engineer CV should highlight your organizational, math, decision-making, and writing skills. Showing that you are able to lead and manage projects in an effective manner is also important. You can get a good idea of what you should include by reviewing the civil engineer CV example.
Tips for Creating a Great Civil Engineer CV
As you create your civil engineer CV, keep these tips in mind:
– Do include a strong personal summary statement. Oftentimes hiring managers briefly skim over a CV, and your summary statement should catch their eye right away.
– Don’t be passive in the work experience section. You should use strong verbs such as managed, directed, designed, developed, and solved.
– Do include your technical skills. List the scientific, map creation, design, and other types of software you have worked with in order to show your expertise in the area.
– Don’t ramble in your experience and skills sections. Be concise in order to highlight your qualifications. Bullet points will help keep the recruiter or hiring manager focused on the important aspects.
– Do focus on the areas of engineering that you are interested in. If you enjoy working in the field managing and supervising projects, highlight that in your CV. If you prefer office positions or dealing with clients, make sure your listed skills and experience mirror this.