Build Your CV
1267 Anchorage Drive, Bakersfield, CA 11111
E: email@example.com T: 555-987-6543
Hard-working, passionate coach who excels at teaching children between the ages of 8 and 16 about the fundamentals of football. Managed teams of nearly 30 kids and ensured everyone was having a good time and playing safely. Expert in working with parents and addressing any concerns they may have about gameplay. Skilled in talking about the proper safety procedures and equipment related to the sport.
- Provide training and instruction to 30 kids who are involved in the Bakersfield Rams youth football league.
- Plan practices four nights a week.
- Monitor all kids to ensure everyone is playing safely, and resolve any conflicts that come up.
- Encourage parents to reach out to me by providing contact information, resulting in several individuals calling me to request more information about how I would keep their children safe.
- Help kids stay on top of their schoolwork by encouraging them to do homework whenever they are not playing.
- Oversaw workout regimens and worked with head coach after practice hours to develop a clear schedule going forward.
- Worked with school administration to get $2,000 added to the football team’s budget so that additional equipment could be acquired.
- Monitored academic eligibility of students and helped three students during the 2015 season get their grades up so they could continue playing.
- Taught a variety of classes in an afterschool program that taught kids between the ages of 10 and 16 the fundamentals of a variety of sports, including football, volleyball, and soccer.
- Instructed kids on how to exemplify proper sportsmanship on the field.
- Explained safety regulations and developed a safety manual that everyone was required to read before engaging in any sports.
- Informed children about how to be healthier in general, including what goes into a healthy diet.
As a football coach, I believe I have a responsibility to lead by example and remain in excellent physical health for the benefit of the players. That is why I frequently run marathons, and I am currently training to partake in my very first triathlon.
Build Your CV
Football Coach CV Must-Haves
What Does a Football Coach Do?
Football coaches need to lead their teams to success. That involves establishing a clear practice schedule and making it clear to all players that they need to show up on time to every single one. Football coaches also need to work with the school or organization to set up a budget for the season and potentially request more money if necessary. Coaches need to adequately determine how the budget needs to be allocated, which can include purchasing more uniforms and equipment or investing in advertising strategies to get more people to show up for games. You can find out what other duties are good to mention by reading through the football coach CV example above.
Tips for Creating a Great Football Coach CV
Once you have the basics down, you can begin implementing the following tips into your CV to make it even better:
– Throughout your CV, you do not want the font to be any smaller than 10pt.
– You should stick with a simple, easy-to-read font such as Times New Roman.
– If you do not feel comfortable providing your full address on your CV, then you can just include the city, state, and zip code.
– The Professional Summary section of your CV should be four to six sentences in length, and it should provide a mix of experiences and skills.
– For your Work Experience, you generally do not have to include a position if you had it over 10 years ago.
– Everything in your Work Experience section should be formatted using bullet points to make it easier to read.