Table of Contents
Featured Resume Example: Personal Assistant
Name: KENNETH GRAHAM
Address: City, State, Zip Code
Efficient and detail-oriented Personal Assistant with track record of initiative and accuracy. Highly organized and capable of anticipating needs of clients. Skilled multi-tasker proficient in MS Office Suite and correspondence management.
- Mail handling
- Schedule coordination
- Event planning
- Communication skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Handling bills
- Pet & child care
- Handled incoming mail, bills and invoices and completed appropriate actions daily.
- Managed a large range of services including taking care of two pets, organizing schedules for two kids, phone screening, shopping and bill paying to provide clients with premium family time.
- Completed basic banking and bookkeeping tasks monitoring expenses for both personal and business.
- Kept business, customer and financial records current and accurate to stay on top of changing information and avoid lost data.
- Assisted with event planning, including associated travel and logistical arrangements.
- Delivered expert clerical support by efficiently handling wide range of routine and special requirements.
- Operated in dynamic, high-volume environments to provide skilled assistance to more than 60 customers each day.
- Processed accurate and efficient sales and return transactions to facilitate customer satisfaction.
- Maintained clean sales floor and straightened and faced merchandise.
Top 4 Characteristics of a Best-in-Class Personal Assistant Resume
- Summary Feature your best professional achievement in this section, such as reducing delivery time to customers and improving efficiency by devising innovative methods. You can also mention job-related certifications you’ve earned, which adds more value to your resume.
- Skills More organizations are using applicant tracking systems (ATS) to filter resumes. In such a competitive world, make sure you showcase your best skills, based on the job posting, such as “qualified CAP professional”). You can also include different languages that you are fluent in, or additional industry-specific training you have.
- Work history Describe your professional experience and focus on your success in previous roles. Highlight projects where you took on additional responsibilities rather than routine tasks. When highlighting achievements, use statistics to demonstrate your success. For example: “Initiated interdepartmental training program that resulted in 25% increase in productivity.”
- Education In additional to any college or vocational degrees, list courses that show you’ve broadened your skills and knowledge, including:
• Business and managerial economics
• Business administration
• Secretarial and personal assistant certification
• Administrative secretarial certification
• Office management
See Why My Perfect Resume is a 5-Star Resume Builder
Find the Right Template for your Resume
Stay focused on highlighting your skills, achievements, qualifications and experience while leaving your resume formatting worries with us, using these professionally-designed templates:
In this innovative and sleek design, bold highlighted text is used to draw attention to your experience and make your resume stand out.
Simple borders, capitalized headers and subtle use of colors give this resume a distinctive look.
This elegant design utilizes centered headlines and professional font, and is suitable for job seekers in almost all sectors
Personal Assistant Resume FAQs
1. What are the skills you should emphasize for this specific job?
Traditionally, a good personal assistant requires interpersonal skills such as people management, negotiation and coordination abilities, good decision-making and judgment, a service orientation and complex problem-solving abilities. Ability to handle office management software and keep pace with industry-specific technology developments is also a plus, as it not only shows your adaptability but your initiative to go the extra mile. Excellent networking skills are another important attribute.
2. What are some examples of training and certifications that fit this specific resume?
A certificate of proficiency in a personal assistant program, or an associate degree in administrative support are some of the training that can improve your prospects as a personal assistant. Other courses that can add more value to your resume include business communications, human resource management, business accounting and computer applications. These courses cover key office skills, use of standard business software and other topics such as:
- Time management
- Communication skills
- Priority management
- Office software
3.How should you format your resume?
If you have more than five years of work experience that shows your facility for administrative work, use the chronological format for your resume, which features an extensive work history section. If you have less experience, go with the functional format, which focuses on your best skills, spread out over several categories (e.g., “Professional Skills,” “Personal Skills”). In all cases, remember to include any relevant certifications, awards or volunteer experiences you have.
4. How should you craft your resume if you’re looking to take the next step forward in your career?
Take advantage of your summary statement to introduce your current qualifications (e.g., “Personal Assistant with an Associate Degree in Management and 4+ years experience attending to marketing director’s needs”). Look to improve and gain relevant skills such as communication, time management, interpersonal, and knowledge of important software such as Microsoft Office or Google Calendar. Finally, quantify your accomplishments (e.g., “Developed new filing systems that saved the company $2,000 per year”).