Android Software Developer CV Guide + Tips + Example
Propel your Android software developer CV career with a strong CV. We have the perfect guide to help you, with tips on what to add, skills to include, and how using a Resume Builder will save you time.
Start by editing this Android developer CV template or explore our 40+ CV templates to find the best one for you.
Android software developer CV (text version)
Atlanta, GA 30310
Analytical and detail-oriented Android app developer. Professional with stellar communication skills, adept at bringing all team members together to reach a common goal on time and under budget. Conceptualizing app solutions with the latest technology, design theory and creativity. Committed to offering viable and easily functional app solutions for clients while producing impeccable code.
- Code and quality standards
- Data storage and retrieval
- Software testing and validation
- Application design
- Programming languages: C/ C++, Java, Kotlin
- Attention to detail
- Communication and teamwork
- Time management
- Georgia Institute of Technology Atlanta, GA
Master of Science Computer Science & Engineering
- January 2011
Georgia Institute of Technology Atlanta, GA
Bachelor of Science Computer Science
November 2018 – Current
Vita Technologies – Atlanta, GA
Junior Android Developer
- Respond to client needs for applications with an eye to the most feasible and effective solutions.
- Coordinate with team members to create client apps for a market of 100,000 users in a coordinated and timely manner.
- Ensure that six apps are tested to meet total performance requirements.
- Optimize the interfacing of the apps with a variety of systems to ensure flexible and agile use.
September 2015 – October 2018
Precision Technologies – Atlanta, GA
Associate Android Developer
- Utilized advanced functions of the Java software development kit (SDK) in order to optimize the flexibility of apps for different mobile devices.
- Recorded exact details of errors during testing for further remediation, decreasing risks by 95%.
- Checked all source code to ensure usability by development staff.
- Created increased mobile adaptability for current apps in order to extend marketability, boosting revenue by 20%.
June 2012 – August 2015
CGI Group Inc. – Atlanta, GA
IT Support Associate
- Provided phone support for an average of 40 employees per month who had trouble with their Java software functions.
- Retrieved system information for 10,000 users.
- Compiled a user-friendly employee guide for interfacing with Java.
- Study Evolution Edtech , Atlanta,GA 2010-2012
- Taught seniors to be fluent in using the internet through a community education program.
- Interpreted curriculum to be presented to classes.
- Generated student enthusiasm for internet use.
- Optimizing Your Defenses, Secure Connectivity – (2022)
- Technology and Finance – (2022)
- TAG Data Science and Analytics – (2022)
- Technology and Sustainability – (2021)
Professional Affiliations and Memberships
- Technology Association of Georgia – (2022)
- Atlanta Technology Professionals – (2021)
- Startup Atlanta – (2019)
Certifications and Licenses
Associate Android Developer certification, Java – (2021)
Profession Relevant Skills
- Expert at MYSQL and Java SDK design functionality, including the full activity lifecycle.
- Clear and concise writer of communications and development documentation.
- Knowledgeable about back-end development and documentation.
- Enthusiastic facilitator for client solutions.
- Analytical user of GIT version control implementation.
- Consummate collaborator with clients, management and team members.
Native or Bilingual
Hobbies and Interests
I like to use my app development skills for good causes. Recently, I developed the entire donation pickup app for the Bikes for Kids charity. To stay active, I enjoy jogging in the fall and winter and kayaking and paddle boarding during the summertime. I also enjoy dogs, so I volunteer twice a year as a foster home for dogs awaiting adoption. During the three-month commitment, I teach the dogs social skills, how to walk on a leash and how to adapt to a home routine.
5 essentials of an Android software developer CV
The first step to a great CV Android developer is contact details. You have to be reachable. Include your full name, city, state and zip code. Add your phone number, email address and a professional portfolio, GitHub, LinkedIn or profile from an industry networking website.
This section of your Android software developer CV is your introduction. Often called a professional summary, this is where you present your best skills and related work experience. In no more than five sentences, you will let the recruiter know: how long you have been in the industry, one or two professional accomplishments and your job-relevant skills.
The Android software developer CV section tells recruiters what they know and how they will work. Use bullet points to add a balanced list of hard skills and soft skills. Hard skills are all about the job, like programming languages, Android foundations and API integration. Soft skills refer to your work habits and how you work with others, like adaptability, active listening and teamwork.
If you have no experience, include transferable skills from other opportunities, like volunteer work, internships and personal and academic projects.
Writing your work history section the right way can help you attract the right position. List your employment in reverse-chronological order, and add the company names, location and dates of employment. Include a bulleted list of three measurable accomplishments, like
If this is your first job, you can include other relevant work experience, like volunteer, experiences, community service, professional projects and more.
Add education to your resume in a bulleted list. Include the school name, degree and graduation year. If it has been more than 10 years, skip the graduation year. Don’t forget to include academic accomplishments, projects, research, scholarships or other important memberships.
See why My Perfect Resume is a 5-star resume builder
Action words for a great Android software developer CV
Show assertiveness throughout your resume by using action words. These words will help you showcase your accomplishments and career with confidence.
These are a few action words you could use in your Android software developer CV:
Combine these action verbs with our CV maker to create a strong, effective CV in minutes. Choose a professionally designed template and complete the content with our industry-specific suggestions. It’s easy and fast.
Top skills for an Android software developer CV
The skills section highlights your expertise and knowledge. Use a bulleted list and include a balanced mix of soft and hard skills, tailored to the job description.
Here are a few skills for an Android developer CV:
- Android Studio
- Firebase on Android
Certifications for an Android software developer CV
Certifications add value to the CV of an Android software developer and show your willingness to learn and commitment to the profession. Plus it can help increase your compensation. Sometimes certifications are required, depending on the employer. Double-check the job description to ensure you have the right qualifications for the position.
These are a few examples of certifications to include:
- Associate Android Developer Certificate (AAD)
- Google Certified Android Developer
- Meta Android Developer Professional Certificate
Android software developer CV FAQ
1. How to make a good Android software developer CV?
Start with a great first impression by choosing the right template for your Android software developer CV. It should be clean and organized. Our CV Maker offers ATS-friendly, professionally designed CV templates. You can choose one, add all your information with our step-by-step guidance, and then choose another template. Our CV Builder will reformat the entire resume.
2. How to add an Android developer certificate to a CV?
Create a section called “Certifications” to add all your credentials. Start with the most recent one. If you want to highlight a particular one, include it in your professional summary.
Remember to include:
- The certification’s name
- The certifying agency, association or organization’s name
- The year it was completed or if it is still in progress
Associate Android Developer Certificate
Google Developers (2020)
3. How to make the simplest CV for an Android software developer CV?
Creating a CV can be simple and fast with the help of our CV Builder.
Do’s and don’ts for building an Android software developer CV
- Use measurable achievements to describe your Android software developer skills and experience.
- Use action words to make an impact on your Android software developer CV.
- Tailor your CV to your target Android software developer job.
- Use keywords from the job description throughout your Adroid software developer CV.
- Format your Android software developer CV so that it is easy to read by ATS software and human eyes.
- Lie about your Android software developer work experience and skills.
- Boast about your “incomparable” Android software developer abilities.
- Include irrelevant personal information such as your ethnicity and age.
- Add skills and experience not pertain to being an Android software developer.
- Forget to proofread. An Android software developer CV with errors is unprofessional.
Top 4 tips for acing an Android developer interview
Research the company or institution before your interview.
Before your first Android software developer interview, learn as much as possible about the company. Browse their official website, social media, employees’ reviews website and the news. Learn about the company’s history, goals, values and people. Showing this knowledge through your questions and comments will show real interest, dedication and commitment. Plus, preparation can boost your confidence.
Practice at home.
Common interview questions will inevitably come up during your own Android software developer interview. With our guide, you can prepare for the most common interview questions. For example:
- Why Did You Choose This Career?
- What Two or Three Things Are Most Important to You in Your Job?
- What Have You Accomplished That Shows Your Initiative and Willingness to Work?
Take it up a notch and practice a mock interview with the help of a friend. Have them ask you questions and then provide feedback on your answers, tone and body language. Write down your best answers and continue to practice on the days leading to your interview.
Prepare questions for your interview.
You are also an interviewer. You will be interviewing this company to figure out if it is the right fit for you as an Android developer. To help you, prepare questions for the end of your interview. Use at least three questions.
For inspiration, here are a few examples:
- What projects is the team excited to work on?
- What are the team goals? What are the developers’ goals?
- What are the goals for this role?
- Is this a new position? If yes, why? If not, what would you like to improve?
- Why did you choose a career in this company?
- What could you tell me about the culture?
- What is the employer doing to motivate the developers?
Gather your references.
Contact a former manager and colleague to become your potential references. Reach out when you’re in the application process, and again to let them know when to expect a phone call or email. Request letters from at least two references. Your references should be able to vouch for you, your work ethic and skills.