If your passion lies in creating apps for mobile devices, then you may be on the hunt for a new job in that industry. Hiring managers see a ton of CVs because everyone wants to get their foot in the door to create the latest, hottest app. Show a job recruiter what makes you stand out by crafting a magnificent curriculum vitae. Below is a mobile application developer CV example that perfectly shows what you need to do to grab someone’s attention. Read it to see what you can learn.
123 Fake Street, City, State, Zip Code
E: firstname.lastname@example.org P: 000-000-0000
Experienced mobile app developer who has a track record of success creating apps that are both well-received and commercially viable. Skilled with working as a team and incorporating input into projects. Ability to always look for ways to improve upon an already existing app to keep people downloading it and enjoying it. Strong eye for detail and tenacity to never quit on something until it is absolutely perfect.
- In-depth understanding of computer programming language and ability to code
- Knowledge of most types of graphic design software, including object oriented management and metadata management software
- Active listening skills to truly hear feedback and incorporate notes effectively
- Ability to think creatively and find unique solutions to problems
- Strong communication skills to effectively speak with people at any level of an organization from subordinates to supervisors
- Create mobile games that would be fun, challenging, and unique; currently have developed four mobile app games for the company to great acclaim on the Apple Store.
- Develop design features and character specs before allowing game to go further into production.
- Accept criticisms from team members to make gameplay better.
- Work with various companies to sponsor games and develop a budget before production increases.
- Present finished project to upper management to receive final approval.
- Created schematics for new games using development environment software.
- Investigated what budget would be necessary to complete projects and presented proposals to employer.
- Conducted analyses for when something would go wrong and troubleshot issue until source was determined.
- Developed an internal system of finding bugs that was 90 percent successful and is still used by the organization today.
- Ran trial runs and interviewed test players to determine where games could be improved.
- Reviewed competitive products to ensure company did not create an exact same game.
- Wrote dialogue for game with assistance of professional screenwriters.
- Documented every step of the design process to have in database to call upon later.
Although I do enjoy playing video games in my free time, I also like going on hikes and surfing. Staying active is important to me because when you have some time to just focus on nature, you can get sudden bursts of inspiration that come in handy during an app development process.
Questions for Your Mobile Application Developer CV
How do you make a mobile application developer CV for a first job?
How do you write an objective statement for a mobile application developer CV?
What technical skills should you put on a mobile application developer CV?
How do you highlight soft skills on a mobile application developer CV?
What does a good mobile application developer CV look like?
Mobile Application Developer CV Must-Haves
What Does a Mobile Application Developer Do?
Mobile app developers oversee every step in developing a new app. This involves the initial workshopping of ideas to determine what direction to go in. Developers then take ideas and utilize various software platforms to make this app a reality. They are also in charge of speaking with the accounting department to determine what the profitability of the app will be and how much money should be allocated to the budget. Developers log their process every step of the way, and once a draft of the app is available, it gets tested to see where it still needs improvements.
Mobile app developers oversee every step in developing a new app. This involves the initial workshopping of ideas to determine what direction to go in. Developers then take ideas and utilize various software platforms to make this app a reality.
Developers often have quotas to meet and may be held accountable for working on multiple apps simultaneously. There is a lot that needs to be done, and your CV should follow the format of the mobile application developer CV example to convey all essential information.
Tips for Creating a Great Mobile Application Developer CV
Do not forget to incorporate these tips are you are writing your curriculum vitae:
- List a significant accomplishment somewhere in your Professional Summary or Work Experience. It will make you stand out, and the hiring manager will most likely ask about it during the interview.
- Make sure all contact information is current and professional-sounding. – Although every bullet point in the Work Experience section needs to begin with a verb, you want to use different verbs for each point. Otherwise, the section is going to get repetitive to read. Many verbs, such as supervise, direct, and manage, are interchangeable.
- One page is the recommended length for CVs, but it is acceptable to go to two pages if there is a lot you need to convey.
- Proofread your CV thoroughly before sending it in. This is especially important if a keen eye for detail is needed in your line of work.
We can help you build your professional CV
- Professionally designed and formatted templates
- Expert suggestions for filling out every section of your CV, customized by job title
- Easily create different versions of your CV, customized for different jobs