Your first impression with a potential employer begins before you meet in person. Your CV may be the best opportunity you have to demonstrate why you deserve consideration. If you are not sure how to write a CV that gets you noticed, you can follow the tips and suggestions in this youth worker CV example. You can get smart ideas about what a professional document should look like as well as the kind of details and information you should include when you craft your own attention-getting CV.
123 Fake Street, City, State, Zip Code
E: email@example.com P: 000-000-0000
Compassionate and organized youth care worker looking for position in residential facility for troubled teens. I have more than 15 years of experience working with teenagers in crisis in a number of institutional and day-treatment settings. Named Youth Worker of the Year by Texas Regional Child Protection Department in 2010 and 2014. I have worked with children, families, and guardians to provide transitional care and case management for individualized needs. I meet current state licensing and certification requirements.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Fluent in Spanish
- Proficient in case management and state government policy implementation
- Comfortable in institutional and residential settings
- Able to creatively problem-solve and facilitate conflict resolution
- Exceptional organizational and multi-tasking abilities
- Natural leadership and nurturing skills
- Comfortable developing interpersonal relationships across socio-economic and generational levels
- Provide care, support, and guidance for teenagers in recovery in a safe, protected, and nonjudgmental environment.
- Run group and individual support sessions for reintegration into home settings with biological or foster families.
- Maintain confidential records of services and sessions for court-ordered monitoring.
- Collaborate with other local and state agencies to provide needed services for transitional and ongoing needs.
- Develop plan of action and follow-up supervision of graduates of recovery program to lessen relapse risk.
- Conducted youth and group home programming for enrichment, education, and life skills development.
- Communicated with social workers, school officials, and guardians ad litem about progress for individual youths in adherence to privacy standards.
- Wrote daily, weekly, and monthly logs and reports concerning youth activities, cooperation, and other data.
- Observed behavior modification programming and asserted performance policies.
- Upheld agency policy and regulations with team providing on-site residential care.
- Taught life skills and coping mechanisms to residential population.
- Bonded with youth in empathic, caring environment to reduce trauma and emotional distress.
- Organized outings for enrichment and societal reintroduction.
- Coordinated family visits, medical appointments, and therapy sessions for youth residents.
- Reported to case managers and director about day-to-day interactions and specific target populations.
I am involved in a local choral program that performs throughout the region. I love gardening and raise orchids for show at state fairs. I also love to cook and specialize in Latin and South American cuisine.
Youth Worker Job Overview and Tips
What Does a Youth Worker Do?
Youth workers assist children, teenagers, and young adults to improve their lives and aid in their transition to adulthood as contributing members of society. This career path is a commitment to improving the lives of youth who need support in their emotional, social, educational, and personal growth. Youth workers may be found in residential facilities or out-patient programs, and they may also specialize in various fields or industries. When you write your CV, you should try to include an appropriate level of detail about your experience to highlight your talents. You may also have more specific job responsibilities that you may want to include that can build upon the skills that are mentioned in this youth worker CV example.
Tips for Creating a Great Youth Worker CV
These suggestions may help you focus on important details as you build your youth worker CV with our CV maker:
- Polish your Professional Summary to showcase your most relevant skills and experience. You should include awards or achievements that mark your capabilities. Include pertinent work details that directly relate to the position you are seeking.
- Follow your format closely for consistency and to remove errors. You can also ask a trusted friend to proofread your CV for grammar and punctuation.
- Stick to relevant information that promotes your skills in the best light. You can do this by avoiding repetition in your Work Experience word choice. Even if your job responsibilities are similar in your work history, you should try to find another way to explain those tasks by using active voice and action verbs.
- You do not want to get too personal about your religious, political, or social views. The purpose of a CV is to get you to the next step, an interview, so you do not want anything that appears controversial that may eliminate you from consideration.
More Resume Examples for the Next Step in Your Social Services Career
- Behavior Technician Resume
- Behavioral Therapist Resume
- Case Manager Resume
- Case Worker Resume
- Child Protection Social Worker Resume
- Community Development Worker Resume
- Community Health Worker Resume
- Community Outreach Specialist Resume
- Community Service Coordinator Resume
- Counselor Resume
- Disability Support Worker Resume
- Domestic Violence Counselor Resume
- Drug And Alcohol Counselor Resume
- Human Service Worker Resume
- Humanitarian Aid Worker Resume
- Job Coach Resume
- Life Coach Resume
- Juvenile Probation Officer Resume
- Rehab Aide Resume
- Social Worker Resume
- Volunteer Resume
- Medical Social Worker Resume
More Cover letter Examples for the Next Step in Your Social Services Career
More Cv Examples for the Next Step in Your Social Services Career
We can help you build your professional CV
- Professionally designed and formatted templates
- Expert suggestions for filling out every section of your CV, customized by job title
- Easily create different versions of your CV, customized for different jobs