Medical Social Worker Resume Example
- 30% higher chance of getting a job
- 42% higher response rate from recruiters
Medical social workers have an incredibly important job. They work with clients who are currently in medical centers or hospitals to provide quality care that helps improve the experience of each patient. Medical social workers need to be problem solvers with strong social and customer service skills. It’s their job to help patients through incredibly stressful and overwhelming situations, which means they have to be ready for anything. If you’re ready to change the lives of patients, it’s time to craft an unforgettable resume that will help you land a position you’ll love.
Medical social workers have a lot of responsibilities. They have to coordinate access to resources for patients, supervise other social workers, interact with medical staff, and ensure that the families of patients stay informed. Your resume for a medical social worker position needs to reflect that you’re comfortable working in high-stress situations, but it also needs to demonstrate that you’re detail-oriented and a meticulous record-keeper. Make sure you highlight specific examples that demonstrate your strong communication skills, as well.
When you’re ready to get started, use your medical social worker resume templates to help you craft a compelling resume.
123 Fake Street
City, State, Zip Code
Patient focused Medical Social Worker with career experience in both small community hospitals as well as major medical centers. Effective at integrated the needs of individual patients with available resources. Adept at being an active member of a patient care team.
- Outstanding communicator
- Proactive problem solver
- Well-honed people skills
- Detail oriented
- Meticulous record keeper
- Team player
March 2010 to October 2012 Company Name–City, State Medical Social Worker
- Responsible for coordinating access to appropriate resources for patients at major medical center.
- Worked with different members of the hospital professional and administrative staff.
- Served as primary informational conduit between hospital and a patient’s family members.
- Engaged in regular meetings with individual patients to ensure satisfaction and appropriate access to resources.
October 2012 to January 2014 Company Name–City, State Medical Social Worker
- Supervised team of three social workers at community medical center.
- Responsible for hiring and training new social work staff members.
- Primary liaison between hospital generally and patient family members.
- Recruited new staff members for social work team.
January 2014 to Present Company Name–City, State Medical Social Worker
- Managed social work staff at major urban medical center in California.
- Oversaw team of seven social workers and an additional support staff of five professionals.
- Responsible for ensuring that all patients accessed appropriate resources within the medical center.
- Assisted in developing protocols for effective transition of patients out of medical center.
2009 University of California, City, State Master’s Degree, Social Work