When hiring managers look at your general practitioner CV, you want them to immediately form a positive opinion. One of the best ways to achieve this goal is to create a masterful CV. If you have never written a CV before, the task may seem intimidating. However, we make it easier by providing you with an expertly-formatted general practitioner CV example. When you use this tool in combination with the additional CV-writing tips included here, you will be on the right path to creating a standout CV.
Build My CV
209 Windy Point Drive , Fayetteville, AR 11111
E: firstname.lastname@example.org P: 555-876-987
Accomplished general practitioner with 13 years of experience in the medical field. Highly skilled in diagnosing and treating a variety of human diseases and injuries. Exceptional understanding of drug properties and interactions, procedural techniques, and preventative health-care methods. Ability to provide psychological diagnosis, treatment, and rehabilitation for patients with mental and physical dysfunctions. Extraordinary decision-making skills and critical thinking capabilities.
- Administer treatment, medication, therapy, vaccinations, and other medical care to treat patient diseases, injuries, and illnesses.
- Prescribe medication or specialized care to meet specific patient needs.
- Monitor the progress and current condition of patients to determine whether current treatments are working or if modifications are needed.
- Collect patient information (including examination results, medical history, and other reports). Record information in electronic filing systems.
- Explain test results and recommended procedures to patients.
- Answer patient questions and use active listening skills to understand and address concerns.
- Provide emotional support and medical attention to others as needed, including patients, customers, and coworkers.
- Analyze images or test data to make diagnoses and develop treatment plans.
- Examined patients and collected information about their medical history and current physical condition.
- Prescribed medications or therapy with approval from physician.
- Interpreted test results and made tentative diagnoses and treatment decisions to be confirmed by the patient’s physician.
I am a fan of the arts and dabble in painting during my spare time. While my art is not good enough to sell, it is a therapeutic pastime that helps me relax and recharge after long or particularly stressful shifts. I also enjoy burning excess energy by participating in a variety of outdoor sports when weather permits, including cycling, hiking and trail running. When opportunities arise, I volunteer my services during community events and health fairs. I also visit community homeless shelters twice annually to provide free examinations, diagnoses, and treatment advice.
Build My CV
General Practitioner CV Questions
The best general practitioner CVs get right to the point with a clear statement of qualifications and a clean, easy-to-read format. The general structure of your own should follow the format of header, professional summary, skill keywords, employment history, and education.
You can check our general practitioner CV sample for a great look at how you can build a strong one-page curriculum vitae, or take the next step in designing your personalized document with our CV and resume builder. This step-by-step tool walks you through creating an outstanding CV with no writing needed.
You have two tools in your arsenal to create a standout CV: accomplishments and action-oriented writing. Your accomplishments are how you show that you’ve gone beyond the general expectation to deliver outstanding patient care. For a general practitioner, many accomplishments include awards and recognitions for excellence in your field or innovations in patient care.
Action-oriented writing, however, is how you make your daily tasks jump out. Action-oriented writing transforms drudgery into active engagement with dynamic language. Use this writing style by beginning each sentence with a strong action verb and describing your daily duties in a compelling way.
Your header is the same as most others, with your name, address, and contact information formatted as simply as shown in our general practitioner CV sample. One notable difference, however, is that you can include your title after your name. For instance, you may want to write Ã¢‚¬Å“Firstname Lastname, M.D.Ã¢‚¬ to show off your medical degree and make sure anyone reading your CV has a clear idea of your qualifications right off the bat. Don’t forget to double-check your contact information for any typos.
The days of manual CV sorting are long past. Job application screening is now the work of an ATS, or applicant tracking system. These systems are vital tools employers use to weed out unqualified applicants by scoring keyword match percentages against desired lists of skills.
The best way to pass these screening tools is to increase your keyword match percentage. Select several target jobs and look for common keywords that match your skill set. Find ways to integrate these keywords throughout your CV. The easiest way is to add them to your bulleted list of skills, but you can also use them in natural context in your summary and work history.
No matter how illustrious your history, there’s no reason to go over one page for your CV. A one-page CV is a succinct sell sheet that effectively impresses employers by consolidating your most powerful qualifications into a single easily digestible sound bite. Check out our general practitioner CV sample to see how you can create a one-page document that’ll blow employers away.
General Practitioner CV Must-Haves
What Does a General Practitioner Do?
General practitioners play an important role in diagnosing and treating a variety of conditions, including injuries, diseases, and illnesses. As a general practitioner, you examine patients on a daily basis with the help of specialized equipment, medical instruments, and diagnostic tools. With the information you glean from the initial examination and test results, you make patients aware of their available treatment options and assist them in understanding the pros and cons of each. In order to create an impressive general practitioner CV, start by getting a taste of your most common duties and needed skills by referencing our general practitioner CV example.
Tips for Creating a Great General Practitioner CV
Now that you have some inspiration for how to write your CV, make sure you create a standout CV by keeping the following tips in mind:
– Include metrics whenever possible to give employers a clearer insight into your experience. For example, if you volunteer in your community, be sure to specify that you do so once per month (or whatever the case may be) rather than simply saying that you volunteer occasionally.
– Use the Hobbies section of your CV to highlight your positive attributes, including creativity, passion, healthful lifestyle, etc.
– Keep your CV free from embarrassing and unnecessary errors by reviewing it multiple times yourself, then employing the help of a trusted friend or editor to review it for you.
– Remember that you are selling yourself in your CV, so don’t be embarrassed to talk yourself up and use impressive words, such as “expert,” “accomplished,” “exceptional,” etc.