Data Entry Specialist Cover Letter Example + Tips
1 Main Street
New Cityland, CA 91010
Cell: (555) 322-7337
Dear Human Resources Manager,
I write in response to your ad seeking a Data Entry specialist. As a highly competent Data Entry professional, I would bring a resourceful, self-directed, and energetic attitude to this role.
In my current position, I maintain an exceedingly efficient and professional environment while managing medical data entry for multiple clients. I have a knack for problem solving and work well independently and with little oversight. I respond to requests from colleagues and clients in a timely manner and am adept at prioritizing multiple ongoing projects.
Additionally, I am adept at:
Compiling data and creating monthly reports detailing records.
Updating outdated computer systems by converting paper copies via scanning.
Identifying and resolving discrepancies.
Assisting with other functions including payroll and tax documentation.
I am a self-starter and excel at verifying information, analyzing errors, and managing confidential information. I am also deeply familiar with MS Excel and Word, and adapt quickly to new programs. As a part of the team at Coastal California Endocrinology Group, I hope to contribute to your ongoing sucess.
My resume and references are attached for your review. I look forwards to hearing form you soon. Thank you for your time and consideration.
Job Description & Responsibilities
Data entry clerks are responsible for keeping a company’s information updated and orderly. Some of their responsibilities include:
- Entering customer and account information into a computer program
- Organizing and sorting files to be entered
- Reporting deficiencies or discrepancies with the available information
- Reviewing data for outdated information
- Backing up data to secure vital information
- Maintaining security by keeping information confidential
While many data entry positions do not require a formal degree, certain skills are required to be able to complete the job. If you have no experience, assure potential employers that you do have these skills in your data entry cover letter. Employers want to see proof that you possess the following skills as they read your data entry cover letter:
- Typing speed: You need to be a proficient keyboardist for this job.
- Computer literacy: Familiarity with excel and word will allow you to complete your assignments easily.
- Attention to detail: You will be transcribing mountains of numbers and letters every day, and one small mistake could end up costing the company thousands of dollars. Naturally, they are looking for people who double-check everything to make sure every little detail is spot on.
Data Entry Cover Letter
When applying for a data entry position, be sure your cover letter is flawless. The job is all about attention to detail, so your data entry cover letter should have perfect formatting, no typos or grammatical errors, and should be written in a concise, business-like style. Review the data entry cover letter sample to see what a winning data entry cover letter looks like. Most entry-level data entry positions pay between $10 and $15 per hour. However, positions that require security clearance pay $20 per hour and more. Jobs that place you in possession of sensitive information, like government offices, will pay more because you need an impeccable record to be considered for employment.