Top Customer Service Representative Cover Letter Example
- 30% higher chance of getting a job
- 42% higher response rate from recruiters
Our customers have been hired at:*Foot Note
A well-written customer service representative cover letter can help you differentiate yourself from the competition. Along with a compelling resume highlighting your exceptional interpersonal skills and problem-solving skills, it will give you an advantage in securing an interview. Follow this guide to create an outstanding cover letter tailored to your potential employer’s specific customer service requirements.
Customer service representative cover letter (text)
Altamonte Springs, FL 32701
May 2, 2023
Orlando, FL 32866
I write in response to your advertisement seeking a customer service representative at Abbott Insurance. When reviewing the position requirements and your organization’s website, I was excited to find that my qualifications and personal strengths align with your needs and mission.
In my current position as a customer service representative, I maintain an exceedingly functional work environment while delivering exceptional customer service for Hikers Insurance. I have a knack for problem-solving and work well independently and with little oversight. I respond to requests from colleagues and clients in a timely manner, and I am skillful at prioritizing multiple ongoing projects.
Additionally, I am adept at:
- Consulting with an average of 100 customers per day to evaluate their needs, determine the best services and suggest additional services that may be of interest.
- Exceeding quotas for calls taken, upgrades processed and applications completed with a 98% customer satisfaction rate.
- Maintaining up to date knowledge of services, procedures and regulations to ensure accurate and effective service.
- Cross-training in order to assist other departments or in other roles as needed.
I am a self-starter and excel at handling customer inquiries, policy changes and resolving conflicts quickly. I am also deeply familiar with several proprietary computer software systems and adapt quickly to new programs. As a part of the team at Abbott Insurance, I hope to bring first-rate customer service to your clients and support your business goals.
My resume and references are attached. Please feel free to call me at your earliest convenience so we can discuss the position and your needs in detail. Thank you for your time and consideration.
How to format a customer service representative cover letter
When applying for a customer service representative position, your cover letter is a key tool to introduce yourself to the hiring manager. This is your opportunity to provide additional details about your skills, experience and qualifications beyond your resume. Take advantage of this space to show enthusiasm for the position and explain why you are the right fit for the role.
It all starts with the correct cover letter format.
Use the business format for your customer service representative cover letter
When writing a cover letter for a customer service representative position, use the standard business letter format, with 1 and ¼ inch margins on all sides, single spacing and left alignment.
As our customer service representative cover letter example, yours should include:
- A header with your name, city, state, ZIP code and telephone number.
- A greeting addressed to the hiring manager or department.
- A simple closing, such as “Best regards” or “Respectfully.”
To simplify the process, use a cover letter template to ensure proper formatting and compatibility with application tracking systems (ATS). Use our Cover Letter Builder to create a professional cover letter tailored to a customer service representative position in minutes.
How to write a customer service representative cover letter
Start with a compelling introduction
Your introduction must be clear, concise and direct enough to catch the hiring manager’s attention in under 10 seconds. Use an elevator pitch to introduce yourself, stating your interest in the job position and what makes you the best person for the job. Include your strongest, job relevant skill and achievement.
Use accomplishments to explain why you’re a great fit for the role
In the body paragraphs of your customer service representative cover letter, demonstrate your capabilities with action verbs and highlight your hard and soft skills that match the keywords from the job description. Use one or two paragraphs to showcase your accomplishments, emphasizing what you have to offer to the potential employer.
Close with an invitation
Use the final paragraph to thank the hiring manager for their time and reiterate your interest in the job, like our customer service representative cover letter examples. Finish by inviting them to contact you to learn more about your qualifications.
Do’s and don’ts for building a customer service representative cover letter
- Address the recruiter or hiring manager directly.
- Explain what attracted you to the company in one or two sentences.
- Customize your customer service representative cover letter for the job.
- Include keywords from the job description throughout.
- End with a clear call to action.
- Proofread your cover letter more than once.
- Write a generic customer service representative cover letter.
- Write more than one page.
- Use generic salutations, like “To Whom It May Concern.”
- Regurgitate your customer service representative resume.
- Rely on automatic grammar or spell-checkers.
- Write a fan letter, even if it is your dream job.