123 Fake Street, City, State, Zip Code
E: firstname.lastname@example.org P: 000-000-0000
Conscientious accountant trainee with two years of professional experience in an office setting. Assist accountants with preparing financial reports and maintaining financial records. Shadow accountants to learn best practices; quick learner with an eye for detail and a strong interest in the subject matter. Currently enrolled in last year of B.S. in accounting.
- Understanding of Intuit QuickBooks, Sage 50 Accounting, Yardi Systems Yardi Enterprise, ATX Total Tax Office, and Oracle E-Business Suite Financials
- Thorough knowledge of statistics, algebra, geometry, calculus, and arithmetic
- Skilled in administrative procedures and systems, including managing records and files, word processing, and transcription and stenography
- Active listening and learning skills for comprehending job duties and asking questions when necessary
- Strong critical thinking to come up with solutions and troubleshoot problems
- Effective time management skills to complete projects in a timely fashion
- Clear writing skills to communicate with peers and clients in a professional, friendly manner
- Fast, error-free data processing for optimal clarity and speed
- Complex problem solving to seek solutions before asking supervisors for assistance
- Receptive to criticism, recommendations, and requests from both peers and supervisors
- Prepare accounting records under the guidance and supervision of accounting supervisors.
- Attend weekly meetings to shadow accountants and learn valuable insights.
- Copy, scan, and file documents electronically and via physical copies.
- Learn computer technology for document record keeping.
- Watch accountants prepare tax returns and compute taxes owed.
- Understand compliance with tax requirements.
- Observe accountants advising clients regarding compensation, estate plans, and employee health care benefits.
- Help accountants develop budgets using periodic reports; assist with budget maintenance and analysis.
- Shadow accountants providing litigation support for financial issues and representing clients in tax matters.
- Learn on-the-job auditing services for clients, both externally and internally.
- Help accountants provide advice regarding business operations, trends, financial commitments, and revenues to help predict a client’s future revenues or expenses.
In my spare time, I volunteer at local Boys & Girls Club, assisting middle and high school students with math assignments. I enjoy open water swimming, boating, and traveling to different countries, and I am an avid baseball fan.