Use our professionally written accounting manager summary, skills and work history examples to improve your resume. Plus, learn the do’s, don’ts, and get your top questions answered about creating your accounting manager resume.
Need a quicker solution? Use our Resume Builder to finish your resume in minutes.
Accounting Manager Resume Section Samples
Get an idea of how each section of your accounting manager resume should be worded to get to the top of the hiring manager’s list.
Best Accounting Manager Summaries
- Meticulous accounting manager with advanced accounting, mathematical, Quickbooks and Mints expertise. Successful at keeping accounts current and accurate for compliant financial record keeping. Well-organized, diligent and focused professional.
- Dedicated Accounting Manager with experience in business financial planning, cost accounting and administration. Knowledgeable about Quickbooks, SAP and Excel with commitment to efficiency, accuracy and modernization. Distinguished history of excellent and meticulous bookkeeping. Highly effective at decision making, schedule management and audit support. Demonstrated record of success with over 25 years in field.
- Experienced Accountant with over 10 years of experience in Packaging Industry. Excellent reputation for resolving problems, improving customer satisfaction, and driving overall operational improvements. Consistently saved costs while increasing profits.
- Focused accounting professional with 5 years of experience maintaining financial records and reviewing account activity. Proven track record of developing accurate spreadsheets and delivering organized reports. Accomplishes tasks within strict deadlines while prioritizing urgent needs.
Accounting Manager Top Skills
|General Accounting||Variance Analysis||Legal Requirements|
|Automation||Goal Setting||Excellent Time Management Skills|
|Ability to Prioritize||Accounting Systems||Audit|
|Cross-functional Leadership||Accounts Receivable||Invoicing|
|Management||General Ledger||Analytical Thinking|
Accounting Manager Work History Examples
- Entered details such as payments, account information and call logs into the computer system. Responded to customer requests via telephone and email. Supported Chief Operating Officer with daily operational functions. Obtained documents, clearances, certificates and approvals from local, state and federal agencies.
- Facilitated over $300M in annual business for 15+ years. Developed program to promote new managers from within, building and maintaining cohesive leadership structure. Initiated operational improvements using lean methodologies to drive efficiency and reduce costs. Achieved under-budget and on-time project management to adhere to project goals. Improved supply chain to reduce materials costs and optimize distribution.
- Managed day-to-day business operations, including accounting, finance, HR, marketing and public relations. Eliminated discrepancies in finances by expertly documenting expenses, monitoring income, handling bank deposits and managing statements.
- Monitored, verified and approved invoices and reviewed balances using financial software to assess balance sheet for variances. Applied proper codes to invoices, files and receipts to keep records organized and easily searchable. Verified accurate record-keeping processes, effectively reducing financial inconsistencies. Complied with all established policies and performed bank reconciliations, accounts payable/receivable, invoicing, billing, and collections.
- Reported and invoiced for multiple states’ sales and use tax. Responsible for daily operations of business with up to twenty full-time employees and two locations.
- Oversaw customer service, cash management, P&L accountability, daily cash reports, all accounts payable and receivable, invoicing/billing, obtaining contracts, coordinating payroll, payroll tax deposits, inventory control and ordering, daily posting of journal entries, bank deposits, and reconciliations of bank statements.
- Processed month end closing, ensuring and maintaining ethical accounting practices. Analyzed financial accounts to provide detailed reports of fiscal health to senior management, preparation of annual budget, and providing documentation to auditors for year end audits.
- Established and updated work schedules to account for changing staff levels and expected workloads. Assisted executive leaders in decision-making procedures by creating daily reports to advise leaders on corrective actions and process improvements.